BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Polytech and a Norinco around the same time, as did many back then. The Reason? A sick bastard named Patrick Purdy. After the shooting, pretty much half the nation called for an immediate ban. A few years later, Clinton made that a reality.
Forgot, I bought a factory fresh chinese SKS for$70, and a case of chinese steel core ammo for $30 first.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome score OP, and great post!  A blast from the past that sure brings back fond memories.  A whole lotta fun has been had with guns exactly like those.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a Polytech and a Norinco around the same time, as did many back then. The Reason? A sick bastard named Patrick Purdy. After the shooting, pretty much half the nation called for an immediate ban. A few years later, Clinton made that a reality.
Forgot, I bought a factory fresh chinese SKS for$70, and a case of chinese steel core ammo for $30 first.
View Quote
Same here.  I’ll never forget the “Patrick Purdy Stockton Schoolyard Massacre”.  I (like you and many others) could see the writing on the wall going forward from that.  I was stationed out of Langley back then and I ran out and bought my first Norinco underfolder.  Some buddies also bought AKs.

We used to buy cases of steel core at the gun shows in Hampton, VA Beach, and Richmond and go out and blast them off on the weekends.  I shot the bejeebus oughta that gun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice score indeed.
Unfortunately I live in New Yorkistan and will never know the pleasures of owning such things again.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful score man.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread gives .e a boner.

Great snatch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Store until you die or make them shooters? What do you think?
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm jealous, but very happy for you! Great find OP.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys for all the positive comments.  Great grouping for sure.  I will not be shooting these.  They will be stored in the dark recesses of my safe.  Just happy I was able to keep them all together.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
mIt reminds me of my teenage years in the 1980's, seeing these on the shelves of the local gun stores in Southern California.
View Quote

B&B in North Hollywood comes to mind!

What did the extra "Accuracy pack" consist of?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#10]
The full plastic fixed stock version is the rarest of the three. I like the side folder the best.

I have a Norinco 1911A1 pistol, too. For some reasons, my pistol doesn't have the lanyard loop. Why???
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you get some yellow or green boxes of steel core ammo with the lot?

Nice score OP!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What did the extra "Accuracy pack" consist of?
View Quote

It's not "Accuracy pack". On the invoice, it writes "Accy PACK" for $54.95. I'm pretty sure it's "Accessory Pack". That's your drum magazines and etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate to be crass, but just this ONCE, I'll make an exception:

Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#15]
This is quite the trip down memory lane! The first rifle I ever purchased was a PolyTech AKS. I bought it as an 18 year old kid. IIRC it cost me less than 400 dollars. Today it looks far worse than that. The bayonet broke when I tried to use it for a screwdriver, and there's a large chip out of the wood buttstock. Last time I shot it was probably around 2005.

Take care of it and enjoy it. Thank you again for posting the photographs.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Were those prices high for the late 80's? I expected them to be a little less....
View Quote

I bought a PolyTech AKS in 1989 and an underfolder Norinco AKM-47S in 1991. My memories of the prices were something like ~350 and ~400. I was a barely legal college student at the time, and I bought them new from a local gun store, so I was paying markup, but even so I think original buyer got very good deals on his.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#17]
That 56S.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#18]
That's pretty awesome!

Thank you for sharing
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Damn.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top