Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 7:45:33 PM EDT
Since AK parts kits are either sold out or way high in price, thought I'd share the one I just got from Numrich.

Yugo M72B kit. Was $405 with FFL account discount (10%), $433 with shipping and tax. Definitely more than they were a year ago (lets not even talk about 5-10 years ago), but good for the current market. After a green mountain barrel, receiver, and a few US made parts; I'll be at $750-800 for a really nice RPK with a high quality barrel. Not to bad for 2021.

Everything matches and under the copious crusty grease shows very little wear.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. It’s a shame they are becoming harder to find in good shape.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That looks like a good kit. I still look at AK kits, even though I am trying to thin down my collection of all guns to buy stuff like night vision. I wanted to grab an M72B, but was deterred by a heavy, semi auto. Maybe with a binary trigger, it would be something cool and useful?

If people are looking for regular AK kits, Atlantic Firearms has Slovakian made virgin AKM kits for sale right now for $479. They look like they might be a good buy with a forged trunnion. I miss the days of dirt cheap AK kits.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Definitely more than they were a year ago (lets not even talk about 5-10 years ago)
View Quote

Yeah, I remember when Numrich first got these Yugo M72 kits in stock about 4 years ago. I was lucky enough to catch a black Friday sale for $179 per kit. I still have a couple sitting around waiting to be built. But, I'm glad to hear they still have them in stock after all these years.

Nice kit you got there OP! Those Numrich kits were some of the finest I have ever seen. A couple of mine looked like they were from "never fired" rifles. Always a shame to see such a beauty of a rifle cut up. Those rifles are built like a tank and will provide a lifetime of use.

You are on the right track with a GM barrel. I would also suggest a recreator blank for the receiver. You can get proper Yugo markings on them to match.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, I remember when Numrich first got these Yugo M72 kits in stock about 4 years ago. I was lucky enough to catch a black Friday sale for $179 per kit. I still have a couple sitting around waiting to be built. But, I'm glad to hear they still have them in stock after all these years.

Nice kit you got there OP! Those Numrich kits were some of the finest I have ever seen. A couple of mine looked like they were from "never fired" rifles. Always a shame to see such a beauty of a rifle cut up. Those rifles are built like a tank and will provide a lifetime of use.

You are on the right track with a GM barrel. I would also suggest a recreator blank for the receiver. You can get proper Yugo markings on them to match.
View Quote

Have a Childers on order, just will be a few months. That's fine, I have a Romanian kit with barrel (headspaced) from AoA that I want to build first. Want to do the easy one first before having to a build that includes drilling the gas port and headspacing.

Just getting into building AKs after years of tinkering on ones I bought. Thinking this will be like when I got into C&R guns ten years ago; catching the end of a golden age, but will be very glad I did jump in at all.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The M72 is a great rifle , full size or shorty~

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:05:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice kit. Here’s a Numrich M72B1 on a Childers/Green Mt barrel:

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice! definitely good inspiration.

Wish I'd gotten into building rifles sooner. Really enjoyed the FAL I just did. Trying to find time to do one of the AK builds I have lined up.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top