Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2021 11:10:46 AM EDT
New manufacture barrels for all these kits that are out there and latest batch of DSA receivers. Reputable manufacture.

Press fit.

Probably more expensive than the last batches but I’m thinking still “reasonable”

Trying to gauge interest for a friend. I have no financial ties other than wanting to buy a couple myself.

In before the poll.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I voted YES.
That said, I strongly believe that DSA is going to do a batch to go with these receivers....
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I voted YES.
That said, I strongly believe that DSA is going to do a batch to go with these receivers....
View Quote

I emailed DSA after I got my receiver. They said their machines were tied up doing other stuff and they had no plans.

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I hit yes.

I have two friends with kits, not ARFCOM members that would also get them.  I just got a receiver today and I need a barrel, as well as the other two.  It seems there are quite a few kits out there without barrels, and receivers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:16:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I would be interested in an RPD barrel.

Ill also add, there are a lot of demilled barrel PKT and PKM kits being sold right now with no real barrel options. A real PKM barrel goes for 1.5K now. There would be a market for a run of these as well. I think these would sell well at $400.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I was hoping Curtis would do a run but they said no.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#6]
@mustangduckk

Do you have any feedback on this?  Any updates?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@mustangduckk

Do you have any feedback on this?  Any updates?
View Quote

He’s working a couple avenues. I think demand is a little lower than initially thought.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:40:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the reply.

Using this thread, and asking price on GB, I'm sure there is a market for 50-100 barrels out there.  Not everyone stops in here, and the AK files seems to have a bit less traffic over the past couple of years, but as the gun business goes, if it is ther, they will buy.  I hope this sheds some light on things, and the first one to market with a decent barrel will sell them.

RPD Barrel Over $600 With A Day To Go
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#9]

RPD barrels in-stock at DSA.

Link Posted: 7/23/2021 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Just to be clear, these in-stock are different from the ones my friend was considering making in the OP. Just a heads up that barrels are back on the market for now.

Link Posted: 8/30/2021 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Fuck me running that’s a chunk of change

Who can weld up my existing barrel? Lol
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top