Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/1/2018 11:04:42 AM EDT
Last month I started having FTEject problems with the Galil ACE in 556. I hadn't cleaned the rifle in a couple of months (I had just been adding lube) so I filed stripped and cleaned it throughly. Still had FTEject, so I then detail stripped the bolt and tried again. The pics document the results: three FTEj out of 30 rounds of GECO 55gr, and two FTEj out of 30 rounds of M855.

Contacted IWI and the rifle's been sent back for them to fix.

AJ

Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Me too, but when I stripped the bolt I checked the extractor and there weren’t any chips or burrs, and no excess dirt either. Extractor spring tension was enough to make getting the extractor back in a pain.

AJ
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep us updated. Was looking at one of these
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 8:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
What was the round count when the rifle started having issues?

Have you been firing the same ammo (manufacturer, lot, load) through it the entire time?

Is that little rubber piece seated properly on the back of the action spring button?  (Check the action spring for debris / anything to cause it to bind or ride heavy).
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
@AubrayJ

updates?
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@AubrayJ

updates?
View Quote
Still haven't sent it back for the 2nd time. IWI's working hours and mine overlap and I've been busy at work.

So no update yet.

BSW
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 12:05:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm interested in this too. I have the same rifle and haven't had any issues in 600~ rounds. I've used exclusively MEN M193 ammo so far. You said this is the second time you had to send it in. What was the first issue? Has their customer service been good? I called to ask them about replacement recoil spring buffers and they said they don't offer any. I was a bit irked by that considering it's probably the most susceptible to failure in the future.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#8]
@AubrayJ did you ever get the rifle running reliably? I picked up a pistol and SBRd it, I've only put a couple hundred rounds through it but no issues so far
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry for the late update. I did get the rifle back with a new extractor and extractor spring. The note said the extractor failed the tension test.

Since I’ve had it back I’ve got about 300 rounds through it with zero malfunctions.

I’d rather have had a rifle that worked perfectly but IWI’s response when I did have a problem was ideal.

AJ
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry for the late update. I did get the rifle back with a new extractor and extractor spring. The note said the extractor failed the tension test.

Since I’ve had it back I’ve got about 300 rounds through it with zero malfunctions.

I’d rather have had a rifle that worked perfectly but IWI’s response when I did have a problem was ideal.

AJ
View Quote
Thanks for the update. Did it have issues from the start, or develop them over time?

@AubrayJ
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Started out solid and then developed the FTEj. As usual things fell apart completely during a rifle match. I had to swap out to my back up gun.

AJ
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks.

Hopefully this isn't a common issue with these rifles. Have you made it through a large amount of problem-free rounds since the replacement parts were installed?

@AubrayJ
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ve had about 250-300 rounds through it since it came back.

AJ
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 1:44:51 AM EDT
[#14]
How are you liking that little ACOG on the Galil? I was thinking about getting one of the micro ACSS ACOG this go around.  Does the front and rear sights get in the way?
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top