Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2018 6:28:20 PM EDT
So before I go off and buy an Ultimak I was curious as to just how far back you can actually run the Thorntail on the Ultimak. I've seen conflicting reports of it being okay, and then some show it not being able to go flush and sits at an angle the further back you mount it. Anyone have experience with the SBR verision and the M1-B?

I saw where someone was modding the Ultimak's and trimming the area where the light clamps down to but I forgot where I saw this and who was doing the work.

Any help and or photos would be great!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 8:26:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the ultimak and the SBR length thorn tail on two AK’s. It works really well and I definitely prefer the shorter SBR length mount with a 1” ring.

You can mount the thorn tail as far back as one slot in front of the thickest part of the ultimak; basically where the lower handguard ends. Any farther back and it will not sit flush. With this setup I can grip the lower handguard and keep my thumb up on the light to activate when needed.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any farther back and it will not sit flush. With this setup I can grip the lower handguard and keep my thumb up on the light to activate when needed.
View Quote
Exactly what I needed to know! Thank you!
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top