Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/28/2021 3:37:41 PM EDT
Hmmm, only $5800? How are they getting these?
link
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe this is an old stock item that was extensively modified from its imported configuration.  I could be very wrong.  I have one from royal tiger imports circa 2013.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe this is an old stock item that was extensively modified from its imported configuration.  I could be very wrong.  I have one from royal tiger imports circa 2013.
View Quote

FIME group also imported a number of these in this configuration. Could be either.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]
K-Var
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I sure would like one of those bobbed to standard AKM barrel length.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
That's the first time I've seen a 7.62x39 VEPR RPK sold. Always regret not getting one of the 5.56 RPKs
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#6]
From what I gather, there were a lot of VEPRs that were tied up in red tape for a while when the ban went in place in 2017. These were slowly brought to market (the VEPR 12s in 2018 and 2019, the .243 Win and 6.5 grendels that showed up a little later). I'm wondering if these are the tail end of that stash.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
OK I hate to be this guy, but what makes that a $6K rifle?  You can buy a Valmet M78 for less with mags.  Is there something I am missing?  Seriously?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OK I hate to be this guy, but what makes that a $6K rifle?  You can buy a Valmet M78 for less with mags.  Is there something I am missing?  Seriously?
View Quote

Not many options for genuine RPKs especially an oddball like an RPK-74M series chambered in 7.62x39

Also most people collecting AKs these days have little interest in Valmets from what I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 7:39:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 1:01:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a 5.56 one and it’s super sweet, except the importer drilled out the pins on the front site so the bipod could be installed, and they didn’t reinstall the front site completely straight.  

At the time in 2013-2014, kit built 5.45 rpks were $4k on gunbroker so $1500 for a new vepr rpk was a steal.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 2:39:55 AM EDT
[#11]
$5.8k???
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Well...you guys suck and Atlantic now has one less, a whim purchase as I considered it a passing window of opportunity.
Only after I put in my order did I bother to poke around to check it out and found 2 or 3 other places selling the things.  
I'm guessing that Fime was sitting on these things and got spooked that they would get stuck with them *if* a particularly onerous ban were to get put into place, so they dumped them.
Had one before, I think it was a Yugo, the one in the back of the pic.

Wish I knew of a source to see total import numbers. Need to find out where to score a correct flash hider, I should really find a place to buy some self control

Link Posted: 3/14/2021 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well...you guys suck and Atlantic now has one less, a whim purchase as I considered it a passing window of opportunity.
Only after I put in my order did I bother to poke around to check it out and found 2 or 3 other places selling the things.  
I'm guessing that Fime was sitting on these things and got spooked that they would get stuck with them *if* a particularly onerous ban were to get put into place, so they dumped them.
Had one before, I think it was a Yugo, the one in the back of the pic.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30093/127555765_421941845858970_44115158666305-1865225.jpg

Wish I knew of a source to see total import numbers. Need to find out where to score a correct flash hider, I should really find a place to buy some self control

View Quote

I don't understand what you mean...at all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don't understand what you mean...at all.
View Quote

I fall for it every time, well, at least enough times over the years.
Drinking my coffee one morning and get an email from Atlantic, they commissioned a number of Galil kits to be built by M13 and using a Tortort receiver, jumped on that and they were sold out in 2 hours, haven't seen them in stock since.

DSA announced that they were taking preorders for their kit-built Israeli FAL's, jumped in line and watched that list get closed and they haven't been offered since.

These are at the current astronomical price that they are, but they'll sell out and that will be all she wrote for these also.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top