Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/19/2018 10:24:37 PM EDT
LGS had this get marked down from 2k to 1500, then I got a military discount. Came with 3 mags. Its an M71/S. Not the most collectible version, but I am super happy.

Z+zTAGBCRaGZoqZLQXUXMg by Austin Scott, on Flickr

ITPDqvUaRU+%5OJd41094A by Austin Scott, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 10:01:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!  Everyone should own at least one Valmet!
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Took real pics of it.

fullsizeoutput_143e by Austin Scott, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_1441 by Austin Scott, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations! My first Valmet was a M71/S with the synthetic stock which I sold quite a while back and always regretted it. I didn't have a problem with mine, but most of the synthetic stocked M71/S rifles I've seen in the past 15 years or so have cracked butt stocks. You are really going to love shooting your rifle and I think that the wood butt stock is the probably the best option for that rifle. I ended up buying a tube folder M76 to replace my M71/S.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 4:26:58 AM EDT
[#4]
@CFII
That's an aftermarket 40 round magazine in your newer pics.  
It should be marked either MCP or LIQ.  
MCP stood for Max Capacity Products and they made aftermarket mags for the .223 Valmets and .223 H&K's.
It's a decent quality mag but may not feed quite as well as the stock 15 rounder you also have.  I've had one of the MCP plastic followers break also, so take it easy on them.
If your factory butt plate hasn't cracked yet it soon will, so replace it with a reproduction one.  And don't over tighten the screws either, the stocks tend to crack.
Congrats on your new Valmet...she's a beauty!
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:59:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, its an LIQ. The factory buttplate is flawless. Where can I get an aftermarket one?
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, its an LIQ. The factory buttplate is flawless. Where can I get an aftermarket one?
View Quote
Just do a google search for Valmet buttplate and go with whatever company appeals to you...here's one.
https://gungrip.com/valmet-model-76-buttplate.aspx
You can also find them on various auction sites as well.
I've never bought one but others have stated they are a pretty good reproduction.
Watch out for so-called Valmet magazines on the various auction sites...there are a lot of unscrupulous sellers trying to sell incorrect magazines for drastically inflated Valmet prices.
Memorize factory Valmet magazine features and look for good deals locally.  They may be needles in a haystack, but it's a fun search.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:08:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats, Valmets are Special!
I never had any issues with the aftermarket 40's.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Now if I could only find a couple factory 30rd mags....
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two to let go
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I have two I’m letting go
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top