Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2019 5:35:14 PM EDT
Is this worth checking out?  Seems cheap for an AK these days.  I just don't know how to evaluate these guns.  Anybody have any input?

http://www.armslist.com/posts/9930272/south-carolina-rifles-for-sale--romanian-akm-7-62x39-military-parts-hi-cap-mag
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It's worth checking out. That's a Romanian Guard rifle with the donkey d***. You will want to inspect it first for barrel condition, sight cant and overall condition.  Some of those have original hammer forged chrome lined commie barrels on them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's worth checking out. That's a Romanian Guard rifle with the donkey d***. You will want to inspect it first for barrel condition, sight cant and overall condition.  Some of those have original hammer forged chrome lined commie barrels on them.
View Quote
If there aren't any obvious issues, is it priced reasonably?  I can check overall barrel condition, but are there any visual indicators to determine barrel type?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
that'sa very fair price for an all matching Romy G in today's market.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
that'sa very fair price for an all matching Romy G in today's market.
View Quote
I reached out, see if I get any response.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:48:23 PM EDT
[#5]
if its legit, that is a really fair price

provided you check out the items that -Apocalypto- raised
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Worth it. If rivets are g2g and no rusting issues, $$$
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
That’s a scam and I’ll bet a pmag on it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a bunch more pictures via email.  I don't see anything that concerns me too much.  Childers Guns is stamped on the receiver just in front of the trigger.  Mean anything?
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That’s a scam and I’ll bet a pmag on it.
View Quote
Me too. Unregistered user and the state is listed twice instead of an actual city = 99% a scam. Here's the original listing on Guns America. Did the extra pics that he sent match these:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/999372924/Romanian-AKM-7-62x39-military-parts-hi-cap-mag.htm

ETA: His other listing is also a previous Guns America listing:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/985738491/CZ-EVO-3-S1-Scorpion-9mm-Pistol-NIB-2-20-rd-mags-7-75-Barrel-LIGHTWEIGHT-Iron-Sights-Flattop-Rail-for-Optics-FREE-LAYAWA.htm
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Got a bunch more pictures via email.  I don't see anything that concerns me too much.  Childers Guns is stamped on the receiver just in front of the trigger.  Mean anything?
View Quote
Gee whiz, why wouldn’t he mention, at the very least, the receiver manufacturer? That’s very important to AK guys. “High quality military spec parts” LOL
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link says it’s been pulled for being a scam.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Me too. Unregistered user and the state is listed twice instead of an actual city = 99% a scam. Here's the original listing on Guns America. Did the extra pics that he sent match these:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/999372924/Romanian-AKM-7-62x39-military-parts-hi-cap-mag.htm
View Quote
Yep, same pics.  Fun while it lasted.  Went back and forth half a dozen times via email.  His location changed, and he offered to ship it to my dealer.  I said great, how do you expect payment.  Has since gone dark.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Gee whiz, why wouldn't he mention, at the very least, the receiver manufacturer? That's very important to AK guys. "High quality military spec parts" LOL
View Quote
Well, I wouldn't be interested in low quality commercial spec parts.  
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top