Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2022 7:39:40 AM EDT
Looking at the links, and the info they provided I thought I had it figured out, but before I start putting the punches to metal I wanted to see if I was doing this correctly.

I took and laid it out and filled in the spots that are shown, but whats thrown me off is in the FCG layout page, the template is obviously different. And in one particular picture the pattern for the 47 vs 74 are shown. However I don't have that template and I'm now slightly concerned that I may have inadvertently gotten the wrong layout since the option isn't on the A1. I also failed to realize I was also going to need the bottom and shovel cut out layouts as well, so lesson learned there

The build I plan on doing is going to be similar to an AK-104 in length, and patterned for 7.62x39 as thats the parts kit I have.

Here's what I have.
Here's a link to the product.

Attachment Attached File

Now here's a DDI receiver I found to look at the hole alignments.

Whats thrown me off is this picture in the FCG layout link.

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#1]
The FCG hole are the same for the 74 or 47 pattern.

I am pretty sure the only difference is on the ejector/ rails
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoMoAMMO] [#2]
Not real sure what the specific question is but as stated the FCG holes will be the same. the rear trunnion could be different as the Russian model on the 74 has longer legs IIRC.

ETA if you have the side folder trunnion it shouldn't matter. I used their template once and then just went ahead and got the FCG/Safety drilling jig from them. Stupid easy when combined with the front/rear trunnion drilling jig from ak-builder.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
Not real sure what the specific question is but as stated the FCG holes will be the same. the rear trunnion could be different as the Russian model on the 74 has longer legs IIRC.

ETA if you have the side folder trunnion it shouldn't matter. I used their template once and then just went ahead and got the FCG/Safety drilling jig from them. Stupid easy when combined with the front/rear trunnion drilling jig from ak-builder.
View Quote

This^^^^
Just get the jig. It’s more than paid for itself with not having to drive all the way into town and paying the $30 4473 fee and gas/time for my situation. 80%’s directly to my mail box, drill, done in 10 minutes. Work perfectly. Although I add an extra step by reaming with the 5mm and 7mm.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top