Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/11/2018 3:40:49 PM EDT
Atlantic sent out an Email today, they have the Romanian RPK's back in stock, $959 with shipping, sucks I didn't buy one several years ago at $600 but this is the going rate or a little better. Been wanting one of these for awhile.

What would be a good flash hider to put on this? I plan on USING it, I don't care much about "correct" etc...I want to lower the flash signature on it. Maybe one of the CNC Warrior units or a Nodak Tabuk model?

Also, need to figure out the carrying handle situation....
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 8:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yup, that's the one, well, maybe not THAT one but I've been wanting one for awhile. I hope it ends up being a good rifle.....In the past, not all of the "American" Ak's from ANY of the builders have had a stellar reputation.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 1:17:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet keep us updated. I dont see a need to buy it though, really have the same thing in a century build. U.S. barrel and receiver. Yes it is also chrome lined. Mine i got second hand on gunbroker for 700 bucks. Was missing firing pin when i got mine. Put a new one in 300rds later it shit the firing pin out. Century was doing the same thing with parts kits and put a bolt in it that was worn out. The hole for the firing pin had enlarged to much allowing it to strike the primer too far and not supporting the primer correctly. The drum i was running i loaded with 154grn tula and it popped every primer finally when kaboom on me. It took me a couple hours to figure out what was going on. Bought 2 bolts from apex, kept the nicest one and fitted it perfectly with some 800 grit sand paper and some gauges. Runs like a top now.

Stock up on drums, korean ones work just fine
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Sold out again already.

Went rummaging through my AK mags this weekend. I found a half a dozen 40 rounders and a pair of Romo drums that I had stashed a couple of years ago. Might try to find a couple more Romo drums.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice, I missed them at the low prices too.

Didn't psa have them sans bipod for like $400 a few years ago?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice, I missed them at the low prices too.

Didn't psa have them sans bipod for like $400 a few years ago?
View Quote
I dunno, I sure missed it if they did....
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Here are my two, Will.

Bought them over 10 years years ago. Both are Romanian factory assembled but the parts were all mixed from used Romanian RPKs. They came with a crappy bipod that was too short for use with 40 round mags - only the 2006-2008 AES-10B RPK batch had those.

Installed Soviet bipods, top covers and wood. Painted to match the paint on the bipods. I call them "The Twin Sisters" after the cannons my ancestor manned at San Jac.

They are fun, soft shooting and accurate for what they are. Probably the last rifles I would sell.

I always meant to carry one at Pecos but then that "no magnetic ammo on our steel" rule happened. I have oodles of ammo but have to buy special ammo to use AKs there now. Just a fact.

I have a US made copy of the AKMN flash hider. Soviets issued those hiders with their night vision devices. A user hear that goes by "Brick" used to make them. Maybe he'll make more one day.

Polish AKMN hiders are available here - kind spendy:
https://www.apexgunparts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=akmn+hider

The Tabuk hider is not a bad choice for minimizing flash.

CNC Warrior used to offer a Romanian style conical flash hider that works well - have one on my Draco SBR but I don't see it on their web page anymore. Most of what they do list does not appear to be in stock.

Another good choice would be a JMAC "East German" flash hider - a copy of a hider used on some East German rifles. I own one - very high quality and actually in stock.

https://www.jmac-customs.com/products/egfh
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top