Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2022 7:31:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: marcus5819]
I have a Hungarian AK-63 fixed stock kit   The rear trunion is not solid what rivets do I use?  The Ak-builders reviet set has two long rivets. My trunion only use one long one and the rivets that come with the set, they seem to be not long enough to press in.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The long rivet isn’t long enough? Explain better.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:59:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marcus5819] [#2]
The trunion is the fork type not a solid rear trunion.  The long revits fits to trunion top hole but it takes Ak74 rear trunion short revits for the lower holes. revitAttachment Attached File

Can I just drill the trunion to a 11/64”
and just install a long rivet??? By they way it’s 5/32” lower hole
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah, I’ve run into this before. Either I  swapped out the trunnion for a Romanian if the holes lined up or cut a couple of long rivets to right length or took off material inside of the trunnion legs to make a good crush with the short rivets. All depends on what was in the spare parts box.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 8:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
5/32” rivets are cheap and available in a variety of lengths if you don’t want to spring for a ‘74 specific rivet set....
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top