Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/18/2019 9:50:51 AM EDT
Debating between the PSA brace or a CNC Warrior brace for a mini Draco.  I know the PSA is plastic with a steel hinge.  Any input on how durable it is?  I don't plan on buttstroking anyone, but I don't want it to break if I drop it in cold weather.  Also, does it lock up tight with no wobble?
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Lock up is tight.  I took mine apart and the hinge weighs as much as the rest of the brace.  Its small, but beefy.

As far as the brace itself, the top bar of it i thought had a plastic skeleton inside it.  Then I saw on the AK-V group, Chad (ceo) said it was a metal skeleton.  I haven't seen anybody break one or cut one open to try and confirm either way.  The rubber or TPU or whatever that makes up the rest of the brace is a tad more fragile that I would have liked.  Its not tearing up or falling apart.  Its easy for something else to leave permanent impressions in the softer rubber.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The CNC brace is all aluminum and solid as can be.  It is awesome on my AKV.  I have no experience to compare to the PSA brace.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I ended up ordering the CNC brace.  I was leaning that way already, but seeing that it has a QD swivel socket was the deciding factor.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 3:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ended up ordering the CNC brace.  I was leaning that way already, but seeing that it has a QD swivel socket was the deciding factor.
View Quote
I order one on thanksgiving day, have seen it yet, says "processing" since the order was placed. Think I'll give them a call in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I order one on thanksgiving day, have seen it yet, says "processing" since the order was placed. Think I'll give them a call in the morning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@kyron4 Did you hear back from them?  I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.  Not too worried since it's a busy time and I'm not in a hurry.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@kyron4 Did you hear back from them?  I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet.  Not too worried since it's a busy time and I'm not in a hurry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
She told me they were behind from holiday sales and all orders would be filled by the end of January.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She told me they were behind from holiday sales and all orders would be filled by the end of January.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cool, thanks.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top