Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2021 4:03:26 PM EDT
I am looking at switching my optics around on a couple of my bullpup rifles. I'm going to move my Holosun HS515GM or Trijicon MRO to my PSA AK-47. I want to add an Ultimak rail to the AK too.

What optic would be better to move to the Ultimak?

I am leaning towards the Holosun HS515GM over my Trijicon MRO. I think the MRO would be better suited on my Styer Aug. The MRO was on my x95 but it will now have a Primary Arms GLx 2x riding atop of it.

If I go with the HS515GM, I believe I just have to remove the spacer and then it is good to go. Correct?

I am open to suggestions so please feel free to post below. One of these red dots will just be an extra dot that I have and I thought I would put it to use on the AK. I thought about using a side rail. It would give me options in the future if I want to go with another prism but I'm not sure I want to do that now. I think I would have to adjust my head more so with that option.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Not really what you asked for, but check out Khyber Custom optics mounts. They replace the rear sight leaf and include a cowitnessed rear sight. Love mine - paired it with a Holosun 503CU.

I believe your 515GM shares the same Aimpoint micro footprint so it should be G2G.

I’m not a huge fan of the MRO in general and I think it would be a bit tall/clunky on an AK.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not really what you asked for, but check out Khyber Custom optics mounts. They replace the rear sight leaf and include a cowitnessed rear sight. Love mine - paired it with a Holosun 503CU.

I believe your 515GM shares the same Aimpoint micro footprint so it should be G2G.

I’m not a huge fan of the MRO in general and I think it would be a bit tall/clunky on an AK.
View Quote

Thanks. I saw something like what you are talking about but had no idea who made it. It was in a picture that I saw. I will look at that. Is it hard to install and do I need a gunsmith to do it? The HS515GM shares the same footprint as  the Aimpoint T1/T2.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks. I saw something like what you are talking about but had no idea who made it. It was in a picture that I saw. I will look at that. Is it hard to install and do I need a gunsmith to do it? The HS515GM shares the same footprint as  the Aimpoint T1/T2.
View Quote

It’s not difficult to install at all. You drift out the pin holding the rear sight leaf in place, drop the mount and a retainer block in, drive in a roll pin where the original was, install your optic, and insert a screw through the mount into the retainer block.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It’s not difficult to install at all. You drift out the pin holding the rear sight leaf in place, drop the mount and a retainer block in, drive in a roll pin where the original was, install your optic, and insert a screw through the mount into the retainer block.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watched a couple of videos tonight about it. I like the setup just not sure if I want to go that route. Its an option to think about.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a new Holosun that is supposed to hit the market next month and it looks pretty killer

New Holosun
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top