Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2020 10:16:38 PM EDT
Need help IDing mag I found in my stash.  Single rib no markings looks like a FDL mag without the FDL.  

Link Posted: 4/20/2020 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s exactly what you described, Single rib no markings looks like a FDL mag without the FDL. If I recall correctly, these were made by the Bosnians during the Yugoslav Civil war. Does it have the flat spring or the typical AK coiled spring? I think these were more rare than the FDL mags.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Flat spring
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#3]
From my understanding, The fact it has a flat spring makes it even more rare.

Would you mind posting pics of the mag disassembled?

Especially Pics of the follower and flat spring?

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/21/2020 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the pics. I wish my mag had the flat spring.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Does the flat spring function any better or different than a wire spring? Just wondering why they chose the flat over the wire.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Well this one is for sale for the right price.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the flat spring function any better or different than a wire spring? Just wondering why they chose the flat over the wire.
View Quote

I have no first hand experience with the flat spring, as my mag has the normal AK coiled spring, but if I recall correctly, I remember it being mentioned that the flat spring wasn’t as reliable. Again, not speaking from first hand experience, just what I recall being mentioned in the past.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#9]
IMHO, the lack of flat springs in most modern high capacity magazines speaks for itself.

BREN, BAR, bolt action rifles, not much else out there that I can think of using flat springs...
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking they must have used the flat spring due to not being able to get material or manufacture the wire springs.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top