Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/3/2019 9:46:06 PM EDT
Does the Ultimak gas tube get too hot for a Surefire pressure switch? I like my switch at 12:00.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Even if it doesn’t you won’t want your fingers or thumb near it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:12:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The gas tube does heat up very much so. I recently cooked a tritium front sight that was in a gas block front sight combo
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Long time Ultimak user. Three different guns with Red Dots, including currently a MAK90. I do not think putting a plastic pressure switch on the rail would be a good idea. It does get hot. It HAS NOT caused me any problems with the Primary Arms RDS's I use. But then I'm not doing massive multiple mag dumps either. A few here and there, but not a lot.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The primary arms MD-ADS? Its good to know that can handle the heat of that gas tube.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The primary arms MD-ADS? Its good to know that can handle the heat of that gas tube.
View Quote
It is a PA MD-06 that is 4-5 years old iirc. It has been trouble free and a damned good RDS. I have a couple of the MD-06s and a bigger PA RDS and all have been great products. Also, I sold a lot of them when I had my store in Irving, and at a couple of other places I work(ed). Have not had any complaints that I am aware of.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top