Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2019 10:06:25 PM EDT
Recently picked up a 106F and this batch doesn't ship with the optic rail installed. I know I've got the Master Mount as an option but could a good smith complete the install of a standard optic rail? Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it's a simple job for any AK smith with the correct tools.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, it's a simple job for any AK smith with the correct tools.
View Quote
Do you have a recommendation of smith for those of us without the rail?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Uh, huh....and back to the actual question. Any recommenations on gunsmiths?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Uh, huh....and back to the actual question. Any recommenations on gunsmiths?
View Quote
Sorry, "...could a good smith complete the install of a standard optic rail?" is a different question from "recommend a gunsmith that could do it", at least to me, so I apologize if I misunderstood. Any gunsmith that specializes in AK's can do it. If they can't, then they were lying about specializing in AK's to begin with. Sorry, no specific recommendations as I do all of my own AK work.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
If you don't mind shipping outside of your AO.. I recommend calling MK3 Firearms here in Las Vegas, NV and inquiring about the install. The two gents there are massive AK fanatics and awesome gunsmiths that I've gone to for work at reasonable prices.

ETA: Just left their shop to get a muzzle device put on. I asked about the 106 rail install and they said they can do it and also have extra side rails to put on. Just give them a call.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:00:05 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
He mentions that specifically in the OP.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Oops, missed that
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Mesa Kinetic Research does all my work. Vince in great to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Mike Owen @ Meridian Ordnance can get you squared away.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 3:24:26 AM EDT
[#11]
HA HA HA HA Meridian Ord, yeah I used them once on an under folder polish project. They didn't coat all the parts, and they didn't even install the right parts that I sent it for the build. Avoid them like the plague. Project came back late and over budget. Worst build Ive ever done
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top