Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/1/2021 3:26:44 PM EDT
When the M70 Zastava AK's with polymer/rubber furniture came in, I was really impressed with them.  The one I got was very accurate, particularly in that caliber.  
I was originally looking at the Polish FB Beryl M1 AK rifle, but I feel the Zastava offers more for less here.  Plus these Zastavas appear to actually be obtainable at present.

When I saw this beastie in .223/5/56, I had to go for one.  K-Var has them and is supposed to start shipping tomorrow.

If anyone feels it would benefit them, I can post impressions after I get the thing, along with three or four different types of magazines to run it with.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one coming from Kvar also!
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 11:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When the M70 Zastava AK's with polymer/rubber furniture came in, I was really impressed with them.  The one I got was very accurate, particularly in that caliber.  
I was originally looking at the Polish FB Beryl M1 AK rifle, but I feel the Zastava offers more for less here.  Plus these Zastavas appear to actually be obtainable at present.

When I saw this beastie in .223/5/56, I had to go for one.  K-Var has them and is supposed to start shipping tomorrow.

If anyone feels it would benefit them, I can post impressions after I get the thing, along with three or four different types of magazines to run it with.
View Quote

The Zastava M85s myself and a friend each have ran perfectly with those Polish Beryl mags. I love those things
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Atlantic Firearms

You guys too slow Kvar beat you by a coupe of days!
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Atlantic for the record I did get my ZPAP M70 from you!
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now this is an example of a high class post.
View Quote

Here , here . . .
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 3:14:16 PM EDT
[#9]
K-var still has that crap up on their site as of today.  I don't think they have them at all, and am about to cancel my order and go with Atlantic Firearms.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes please!
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have one coming from Kvar also!
View Quote

Cannot wait till mine ships
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#12]
To Atlantic Firearms, what is your stock on the M90?  You still have some left?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
K-var still has that crap up on their site as of today.  I don't think they have them at all, and am about to cancel my order and go with Atlantic Firearms.
View Quote

Might be the smart choice. Mine shipped out Friday from Atlantic. Atlantic Firearms rocks!!
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Might be the smart choice. Mine shipped out Friday from Atlantic. Atlantic Firearms rocks!!
View Quote

Mine shipped last thursday from Kvar
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 9:48:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, folks should have gone with Atlantic on this one. Mine shipped on Friday and I picked it up from my FFL this morning.

Like they said, you'll get a good rifle either way.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#17]
As I have never dealt with K-Var before, can anyone tell me if they routinely fail to respond to emails, or don't usually return phone call messages?

Link Posted: 7/6/2021 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
As I have never dealt with K-Var before, can anyone tell me if they routinely fail to respond to emails, or don't usually return phone call messages?

View Quote

I have ordered ammo from them before without an issue. Never needed to contact their customer support.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Okay, I can stop bitching about the K-Var people.  I finally got a real genuine non-India person on the phone, and there was an issue with the FFL.

I will have a new one to them today, and they should ship soon after that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Put in a pre-order with K-VAR in the evening on Jun 28, just got my shipping notification.  Should be here Friday.

Hopefully I'll be as lucky when the Beryl 5.56 rifles come back, though I suspect the demand on those is much, much higher.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm watching closely for feedback from anyone who lays hands on one. 223/556 AK is my favorite AK.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#22]
I honestly will probably get one of these. While it is my dream to turn a 74 into a basic 105, highly doubt that that will ever happen. I just wish we could get 1/2x28 muzzle threads!
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 2:48:26 PM EDT
[#23]
M90!...Finally
" />
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Nice!!  What muzzle device do you have on that M90?
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Nice!!  What muzzle device do you have on that M90?
View Quote

Fighter Break for now, most likely will order a VG6 Epsilon
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Range report?

I agree. I wish they would have imported these with 1/2x28 threads. A 16.5” barrel would be nice as well but I’m sure we could have a smith cut the barrel down.

I also wish they would have imported the M21 variant.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:27:30 AM EDT
[#27]
I wish someone would make a exact copy of the m90/95 flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wish someone would make a exact copy of the m90/95 flash suppressor.
View Quote

CNC Warrior AIMR FH is almost identical
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quick carpet photo in bad lighting.

Out of the box was equipped with a slant brake and came with one of the "Gen3" polymer mags Zastava USA is selling.  Also in the box was a 3-piece cleaning rod and the 1913 rails Hogue uses with the handguard.

Swapped the slant brake for a Manticore Eclipse.  Have a UTG M70 scope rail with a cheapo red dot on it as well.

I had my M90NP setup identical to this, just in green, many years ago.  It's probably the most practical/cost-effective modern setup for the M90.  I may try swapping it with the M90NP's current config (US wood and Bonesteel folder) but I may leave it as-is, not sure.  The wood and steel is a heavier option than the all-polymer.

As to mag fitment, the Zastava polymer fits and locks, just kinda tight.  It wears in fairly reasonably though.  AC Unity 5.56 mags were about the same.  The metal M85 mag is smooooooth as butter though.  Definitely the best option, though you give up the BHO with it.  Tried with Bulgarian Circle-10 waffles as well; the smoke ones half-locked, solid black wouldn't lock.  Don't want to modify mine but a moment or two with a file on the rear lug would probably fix it.  Everything tested fine feeding with Magpul dummy rounds.

The trigger is really nice.  Little bit of a long take up, but there's a nice wall and clean break.  I have a Century RAK-1 in the M90NP, which is "not bad" for an AK trigger, but this is light years ahead.  And both of those are better than the old Tapco G2.  Action feels nice, ejected the dummies with some authority cycling by hand.  All told, I'm pretty happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Polymer mags and even the AC Unity mags will wear in and become smoother over time. The tabs on the AC Unity mags are basically zinc alloy and the mag catch will shave a little bit off until it conforms.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Some tweaks... decided I really wanted to go with a wooden handguard so I fit an M70-style set that I had leftover.  Swapped the Manticore Eclipse for a Damage Industries 3-prong hider since it is cut for the retainer pin.  (Technically also bayonet-compatible but the M90 lacks the lug.)  Also scrounged a 17" SKS cleaning rod which is a perfect fit.

Kinda evokes a FN FALO 50.41 two-tone look that I really like.  Not whiz-bang tacticool but a nice retro-modern setup.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Range report?

I agree. I wish they would have imported these with 1/2x28 threads. A 16.5” barrel would be nice as well but I’m sure we could have a smith cut the barrel down.

View Quote

Range Report my version anyways
Zastava M90 1st Range Session
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2kzZq_L6A
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Range report?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2kzZq_L6A

Nice review, rifle seems to run well
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:56:49 AM EDT
[#34]
The wood looks slick!

These things are growing on me.

Quoted:
http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/zastava_m90_v2.jpg

Some tweaks... decided I really wanted to go with a wooden handguard so I fit an M70-style set that I had leftover.  Swapped the Manticore Eclipse for a Damage Industries 3-prong hider since it is cut for the retainer pin.  (Technically also bayonet-compatible but the M90 lacks the lug.)  Also scrounged a 17" SKS cleaning rod which is a perfect fit.

Kinda evokes a FN FALO 50.41 two-tone look that I really like.  Not whiz-bang tacticool but a nice retro-modern setup.
View Quote

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top