Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/21/2015 6:54:34 PM EDT
Not sure what my problem is but I really want an IMI Galil in 5.56, like the 392 or similar. GunBroker is telling me I need to dish out $3,000-$4,000. Don't really want to fiddle around with the Golani or other clones.

So, do I just need to man up and treat my wallet like the cheap whore that she is? Probably going to get a second topcover and weld a rail on top for an Aimpoint and then shoot the shit out of it.

The upfront cost is gonna sting a little bit but it will be worth it, right?

Bastards will probably re-introduce the older Galil models as soon as I buy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You only live once. Go for it
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
get the new one in 762 x 39 cheaper to shoot and a lot cheaper to buy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjaCI3eoVxI
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You only live once. Go for it
View Quote

Right on brother. Guns are about the only thing I haven't lost money on. It's just monopoly money anyway, right?
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Money doesn't spend itself...push the button.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
get the new one in 762 x 39 cheaper to shoot and a lot cheaper to buy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjaCI3eoVxI
View Quote

I really like the classic Galil lines and look. Haven't warmed up to the ACE yet. Maybe when I'm older and my vision isn't so good.

Micro Galil in 7.62x39 would be pretty tits though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Money doesn't spend itself...push the button.
View Quote

I like your style sir
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Well being the cheap bastard I am I didn't pull the trigger on the IMI but I bought a Jeff Miller (Hillbilly Firearms) micro Galil from CNC Warrior and will be SBRing that. Also bought another micro Galil receiver from them and am going to buy a parts kits plus whatever else Jeff needs to build a micro in 7.62x39 and have it take AK mags.

Still really want an ARM but it's gonna have to wait. Priorities ya know!
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#8]
They hold their value quite well ... I would pull the trigger on a .223 Galil ARM around $2700 if it came with a few mags

I bought both mine ( .223 and .308 ) about 10 yrs ago when the AWB sunset and others rushed to get AR15s and such.

I paid around $2200 ea for mine back then. They were in like new condition with extra factory mags ( .308 factory hi caps are $125ea )
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I also love the classic ARM in 5.56.  Fortunately I bought mine brand new back in 1991.  That was the best $750 I ever spent.  As for IMI or IWI reintroducing the classic Galil again; I don't say it would be impossible, but I read a recent article that was discussing the Ace and according to the author the machining is all gone for the original Galils.  Which means there would be a big investment for them to bring them back.  With such a niche market and no military contracts likely I think the classics are gone for good.  But, stranger things have happened (see 2016 presidential election).
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a pair of ARMs (both cals) in the stable.  Everyone always wants to buy when I let them be seen.  They never lose their appeal.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well being the cheap bastard I am I didn't pull the trigger on the IMI but I bought a Jeff Miller (Hillbilly Firearms) micro Galil from CNC Warrior and will be SBRing that. Also bought another micro Galil receiver from them and am going to buy a parts kits plus whatever else Jeff needs to build a micro in 7.62x39 and have it take AK mags.

Still really want an ARM but it's gonna have to wait. Priorities ya know!
View Quote

Well dude, congrats!  The CNC Warrior is nice and no way you're cheap bastard because you spent the $2k ...I'm the cheap bastard here because I've not bought one
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#12]
The IMI 5.56 rifles had a weird twist.  I think it was 1 in 11 or something like that. Just get an Arsenal.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#13]
PSA has the 7.62 x 39 Galil for $1599 currently, is it worth waiting until next year for hopefully a lower price or order now?
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Just in time for Christmas and Chanukkah. Top one on a CNC Warrior reciever built by Tenngalil, bottom one an original IMI Magnum Research 308, 332.

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#15]
IMI parts kit and Jeff Miller designed reciever at lewisandblack.com
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Do it.

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not sure what my problem is but I really want an IMI Galil in 5.56, like the 392 or similar. GunBroker is telling me I need to dish out $3,000-$4,000. Don't really want to fiddle around with the Golani or other clones.

So, do I just need to man up and treat my wallet like the cheap whore that she is? Probably going to get a second topcover and weld a rail on top for an Aimpoint and then shoot the shit out of it.

The upfront cost is gonna sting a little bit but it will be worth it, right?

Bastards will probably re-introduce the older Galil models as soon as I buy.
View Quote

MAC said in one of his videos that IWI can not re-introduce the old Galil because the tooling does not exist anymore. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#18]
That just means IWI doesn't want to reintroduce the Galil. While the original tooling may no longer exist, it certainly could be produced. At one point, the tooling for the ACE didn't exist- until it was produced. The original IMI Galil tooling probably wore out several times during its production run and had to be replaced, AKA "produced". There are probably quite a few common parts between an ACE and a Galil, so IWI wouldn't have to start from scratch either.

I guess IWI doesn't want our money.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm expecting that the Galil ACE tooling was built for IWI's military contracts, where they are making tens to hundreds of thousands of units. IWI saw a way to use that tooling with modifications to make the semiauto Galils they import now.

Remanufacturing the original Galil tooling to sell a couple hundred units doesn't make any kind of economic sense for IWI.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#20]
IWI could sell stripped ACE receivers, properly milled to work with Galil parts, most of which are still available in the U.S.A. It would obviously not be as profitable as selling a complete ACE rifle or pistol, and the market would be much smaller. It might be something that IWI could offer, once demand for the ACE dies down. We can dream, can't we...
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:42:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That just means IWI doesn't want to reintroduce the Galil. While the original tooling may no longer exist, it certainly could be produced. At one point, the tooling for the ACE didn't exist- until it was produced. The original IMI Galil tooling probably wore out several times during its production run and had to be replaced, AKA "produced". There are probably quite a few common parts between an ACE and a Galil, so IWI wouldn't have to start from scratch either.

I guess IWI doesn't want our money.
View Quote
It would cost iwi way to to produce the tooling,
Time and effort for just a few thousand rifles. They would need to least make make 50000 rifles to make it worth there time, thank god at least they make semiautomatic guns of the ace platform after the military rifles are finished up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Like a 55 Chevy Bel Air the Galil is a classic and a good one is going to be very expensive . That said even the Israeli's have moved on to better things. At this time there are cheaper and better systems. For us that bought them when the price is right we have a nice collectable that is fun to shoot . But at the 2017 prices , they are some what of a conundrum .
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:42:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I got a IMI. 308 Action arms import. A wsome guns. Spend the money get the real deal. It will only go up in value I promise
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#24]
If welding is an option I would look on Gunbroker for a usable front stub and a few receiver sections from apex and weld up an original IMI receiver. Then get a parts kit(40$ barrel if you buy an apex kit) from numrich or apex and get to building. Its not that hard and i think i had $600 into my build all said and done. I built an ARM kit and plan on building a 392 clone next. Or you could get a Tortort/awo/L&B receiver and put a kit together that way too.

Link Posted: 3/18/2018 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Do it OP.

In the last couple years, as a child of the 1980's, I went Galil crazy.  I got an ARS made ARM, IMI SAR, CNC Warrior Micro Galil....and am now looking at getting a 7.62x51/308 80's import.

Scratch the itch.  It won't scratch itself.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#26]
IMHO it is too late to buy a real IMI galil with out grossly over paying . It is strictly a nostalgia purchase.
will something like this work for you  ????? https://www.gunbroker.com/item/758171210
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top