Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2022 3:42:36 PM EDT
I bought Romanian AK-47 kit and  AK-47 AKM Barrel 7.62x39 Nitride Coated 7.62x39mm from CenterFire Systems. My question is with the gas block. My gas block just slips on with out any force.My gas block slides onto the barrel like an old hooker. I can spin it around completely with my hand.Is this a out of spec barrel?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Put some blue locktite on it and torque it down
Should be good
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gasgas:
Put some blue locktite on it and torque it down
Should be good
View Quote

Not sure if you're serious, but that's terrible advice.
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I kinda figured he might be facetious in that statement. Lol
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I would mic the bbl and the ID on the gas block. Someone may have reamed the gas block in the past. If so they are pretty cheap to replace or if you are wanting to keep it all matching once it is pinned on it will be fine however getting it to stay in place will be a challenge when drilling. You can use a C - clamp and padding or take some pipe and make one the exact length from gas black to rear sight and then one from front of gas block to threaded part and cinch down to hold in place.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top