Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/28/2020 10:50:30 AM EDT
Hello all.

I have a JRA Galil, and I very much like the weapon. I haven't had a chance to get it to the range cuz Covid, so I can't report on that.

Right now, my main thing is I want to get the night sights working. I got a set from meprolight, and I can't install them because I need hardware for the front. I need a spring, which is available here and there, and a pin, which isn't.

Still, it's just a pin right? I should be able to find a pin...somewhere, of the same dimensions. Does anyone know what size pin I need?

Next, I would really like to get an original style pistol grip. I think I need a 922r part though, so any suggestions there?

My Bipod is grungy. I want to clean it up, any advice on how to do that? Should I just but another?

Lastly, the Galil is quite a rifle, but after all my time with ARs it feels heavy. Is fluting the barrel a terrible idea, or actually pretty decent?
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello all.

I have a JRA Galil, and I very much like the weapon. I haven't had a chance to get it to the range cuz Covid, so I can't report on that.

Right now, my main thing is I want to get the night sights working. I got a set from meprolight, and I can't install them because I need hardware for the front. I need a spring, which is available here and there, and a pin, which isn't.

Still, it's just a pin right? I should be able to find a pin...somewhere, of the same dimensions. Does anyone know what size pin I need?

Next, I would really like to get an original style pistol grip. I think I need a 922r part though, so any suggestions there?

My Bipod is grungy. I want to clean it up, any advice on how to do that? Should I just but another?

Lastly, the Galil is quite a rifle, but after all my time with ARs it feels heavy. Is fluting the barrel a terrible idea, or actually pretty decent?
View Quote

I would get the spring from Numrich Gun Parts, I might have a pin that you can use. I'll have to check mine and see what it looks like. I'm not sure what pistol grip JRA used but mine (Galeo) was
in horrible shape, I found a used one that was better and put that on it. You can use an AK pistol grip US made if your worried about 922R. Bipods run about $70, I got mine from Atlantic Arms. You
can always clean up the original as spray paint it with matt black charcoal grill paint, if it comes out shitty just get one from Atlantic. No opinion on the fluting.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, but I imagine I have a fair number of left over AR-15 roll pins that might fit. I really just need more information, like... First, is a roll pin exactly the same as a spring pin, or is there a difference I don't know about? Do I need to mush the sides of the pin to keep it from coming out?

I'm still debating cerakote.... overall I'm not planning to act too soon. Things are too hecktic these days to put much time into a back-of-safe rifle, even though I like it very much.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top