Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/18/2021 6:33:59 PM EDT
So I've got a Galil ARM stock on the way for the ole ACE.

Can someone walk me through the process of removing the stock and replacing it with the ARM one?

I see there is a C-clip to move and then the pin is released. I just cant figure out what the secret is to drive the pin up to remove it from it's groove.

For those that have done this - care to share a walk through?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I made a copy of this tool and it made it super easy:

https://lrkmechanical.com/product/galil-tool/
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I made a copy of this tool and it made it super easy:

https://lrkmechanical.com/product/galil-tool/
View Quote

perfect. thank you!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem. Of course, you don't NEED that tool, but it does make it a breeze. Here's a video doing it without:

Replacing IWI Galil ACE OEM folding stock with a SAR Skeleton Stock

IWI Galil ACE Brace/Stock Replacement and Retain Factory Hinge
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Ordered the tool
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree order the tool
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]
What ACE variant do you have?  If I remember right on my x39 rifle all I had to do was punch the roll pin out when replacing the stock.  It was really tight, though, and took some force to get it out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 6:02:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Ooohhhh, this makes sense now. The receiver-side is backwards compatible, so just leave it in place, and add the OG stock and re-use the pin.

Now I only wish that IWI had just used a nice round AR-extension instead of their goofy proprietary oval shaped thing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ooohhhh, this makes sense now. The receiver-side is backwards compatible, so just leave it in place, and add the OG stock and re-use the pin.

Now I only wish that IWI had just used a nice round AR-extension instead of their goofy proprietary oval shaped thing.
View Quote

Yeah when I added the skeleton stock to mine I just had to punch the pin out and I could pull the stock assembly out put the new one in.  Then I just had to punch the roll pin back through.  I think some ACEs have two pins, but mine only had one that needed to be punched out.  The new assembly I got for the skeleton stock had two pin-holes in it but I only needed to use the one.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top