Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/31/2020 2:39:50 AM EDT
Just picked up my Galil Ace in 5.45 from my gun shop this morning. Received my KNS Precision plastic delete kit in the mail this afternoon. Had no idea how hard it would be to take off the lower screw. Anyone have any suggestions? Already snapped a Milwaukee screwdriver and the screw hasn't budged.

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 12:35:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried applying heat to bottom of screw but it wasn't reaching the head where i think most of the red loctite was. Ended up hack sawing the pistol grip off, making my galil CA compliant ha and applying heat to the head of the screw

This worked and the screw came off with a little help from some vice grips on another screw driver.

Galil Ace with new KNS lower! Still more accessories to come!
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Would it be possible to replace the grip with an OG galil grip?
ive seen a few pictures like that.
i like the look of the delete kit.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been searching for that answer as well and I cant find one. Think it would look really good with the original pistol grip. I've seen someone else with an original grip on an Ace but they were not using the kns delete kit. Here's an updated picture with the original Galil stock attatched.

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top