Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2021 8:27:39 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I just purchased a G1 16" 5.56 Ace. I've always LOVED the look of the 13" ace22 and I'm thinking a chop job may be in order.

Rumor has it the rifle is going to be heavily overgassed so this could be a win/win the way I see it and it could save me the hassle of purchasing a aftermarket piston.

Has anyone attempted a chop of this nature?
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Curious about this as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Easily the coolest looking 13" 5.56 on the planet.

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a straight forward job just like most any other barrel.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a straight forward job just like most any other barrel.
View Quote

That's kind of what I was thinking. Are there any go-to AK smiths that you would recommend or should any "barrel threader" be able to handle it?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
OP
There is a rumor going around that IWI is going to release a limited run of a civilian Gen 1 Ace 22 pistol type deal. I know your struggle, I'd take a bullet for an Ace 22 that takes OG Galil 35 rounders.

I did send IWI and email asking about a civilian legal Ace 22 the other day and have not received a response. Perhaps that could be a good thing?
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OP
There is a rumor going around that IWI is going to release a limited run of a civilian Gen 1 Ace 22 pistol type deal. I know your struggle, I'd take a bullet for an Ace 22 that takes OG Galil 35 rounders.

I did send IWI and email asking about a civilian legal Ace 22 the other day and have not received a response. Perhaps that could be a good thing?
View Quote

Damn dude that'd be ideal. Any evidence whatsoever to back that up?

After a small amount of research and a couple phone calls it sounds like I'm looking at a $500 job. ($300 cut & thread + $200 tax stamp)

Granted my rifle cost $1600....so if the imported "Ace 22" pistol sold new for $1900 it'd be a wash.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#7]
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSPI6-przN0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Not sure if that is what you are referring to, but it's a Galil mag ACE - limited import of 500.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

After a small amount of research and a couple phone calls it sounds like I'm looking at a $500 job. ($300 cut & thread + $200 tax stamp)

Granted my rifle cost $1600....so if the imported "Ace 22" pistol sold new for $1900 it'd be a wash.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah I'm thinking about calling IWI to find out. I love the Ace 22. Im personally really mad at myself because I missed the 13" 5.45 run though I did get an 8.3" 5.45 and SBR'd it.

Quoted:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CSPI6-przN0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Not sure if that is what you are referring to, but it's a Galil mag ACE - limited import of 500.

Those are based on the Ace 21 but its close! The Ace 21 is an 8.3" barrel but the Ace 22 we're looking to get is a 13" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got off the phone with Garrett at IWI US customer service and he's heard nothing of a limited edition 13" Gen1 5.56 Ace coming down the pipeline.

That's lame. Looks like my $500 project may get green-lighted soon.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just got off the phone with Garrett at IWI US customer service and he's heard nothing of a limited edition 13" Gen1 5.56 Ace coming down the pipeline.

View Quote

Damn, that puts a damper on things. I can't quite remember if I read that rumor here or on akfiles.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would have much preferred a Gen 1.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top