Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2021 2:48:24 PM EDT
Does anyone run an Aimpoint + Aimpoint magnifier on their Galil ACE?

Trying to figure out how I want to run mine (16” 7.62x39 gen 1) without removing the rear iron sight. A 1.5” AR height Aimpoint M5 is a good height to clear the rear when I just checked.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone run an Elcan, ACOG, Browe or LPVO on theirs? Trying to get some ideas.

This is for a 16" gen 1 7.62x39 rifle.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a VCOG 1-6x with the Mil Govt reticle. I will post a report after I mount it and get some trigger time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, so VCOG is not optimal. With the std TA 51 mount, it will not clear the rear sight, but I can set it up so the eye relief is great. Disassembly sucked though because the front of the scope interfered with the gas tube when pulling off the top cover. The VCOG 1-6x also has a poor eye box compared to my Kahles and even my VCOG 1-8x.

I have been swapping scopes, so I put my Steiner 1-4x in a cantilever 1.93" ADM mount with titanium levers. Very comfortable to shoot. Now I just need to get range time outdoors in the next few weeks and shoot out to 100 yards with it.

Attachment Attached File

This thing is a pig on a 16" Galil, especially with the OSS can up front. Shoots great though, very smooth. I need to exercise more and lift weights etc

Edited to add: A 1.7x" height mount may work as well, but the 1.93" is comfortable for me with the cheek piece. Without the cheek piece, it's a chin weld if that matters to anyone.

I definitely think a scout type AR mount is the way to go on the gen 1 ACE since I played around with some different configurations. I'm just happy I don't have to take the iron sights off.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top