Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/6/2020 4:24:17 PM EDT

Hope it's as reliable as it is heavy but so far I'm loving this thing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It wasn't that heavy till you bolted 4lb of stuff on it.  :D
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
It wasn't that heavy till you bolted 4lb of stuff on it.  :D
View Quote

The only things adding any weight are pretty standard parts.  Its not like he tacked on a bunch of tacticool garbage or something.
And Im pretty sure that rail is lighter than the factory one too.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#3]
What's the wight loaded in that confirmation? I'm going to guess 10 lbs.

Love how it looks though. If it was me I'd go with a Aimpoint T1.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
My Ace (5.56) is slowly becoming my favorite “AK”.  It sorta reminds me of my VEPR: it reeks of quality and weighs too much.  

Seriously though, it really is like the Israeli’s took the AK and said “OK, how can we bring this gun into the 21st century to create the pinnacle of a modern AK.”  I think they did a good job of it.

I’m now seriously thinking of getting an Ace pistol too while the getting is good.  I’m anticipating the potential of “the mother of all panic buying” come November and want to buy whatever I’m going buy prior.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoomBoom:
What's the wight loaded in that confirmation? I'm going to guess 10 lbs.

Love how it looks though. If it was me I'd go with a Aimpoint T1.
View Quote

Yea it's right at 10 lbs with this setup. And the poster above is correct. The RS Regulate rail is noticably lighter than the factory handguard, and much more ergonomic.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand why the galil ace isn't more popular due to the weight and cost but they are absolutely fantastic guns with excellent controls and sights right out of the box. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is interested.

I did the same thing as the OP and ditched the stock hand guard for a lighter one right away.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top