Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2022 11:06:28 AM EDT
Wanting to put an original Galil skeleton stock on a new Galil Ace II 16".  Is the OE muzzle devise US made or do I need to replace? Thanks for any assistance.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I too am curious and wonder if anyone has gotten info on 922 directly from IWI.  Their description of the Gen 2 on the web site only says this: "You should only use magazines made in the USA in your Galil ACE GEN II rifle. Use of an imported magazine may put you in violation of 18 U.S.C § 922(r)."

The manual for the Gen 1 said the same thing, but made mention of the replacement of the trigger, hammer and disconnector being 922 parts.  The manual for the Gen 2, on IWI's site, also has the mention of the FCG parts as 922 parts.  
Spit balling on this - Since one can have no more than 10 foreign parts and just looking at the Gen 2 it has US made mag (3) and a US made stock (1) would make 11 foreign parts.   All 3 fire control parts would put the total foreign parts at only 8.  It seems like they just want us to infer that the mag is the clincher with 3 parts.  I wonder if they'd respond to an email about the FCG?  
It would make sense to go with the least expensive parts to get the number to 10 foreign parts.  I'd be glad to hear from some Galil experts as I am not.  

receiver
barrel
muzzle device
bolt
bolt carrier
piston
trigger   ?
hammer   ?
disconnector   ?
butt stock   US
pistol grip
hand guard
mag body   US
mag follower   US
mag floorplate   US
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Just put the parts you want on your rifle.  Worrying about being prosecuted as a consumer for 922r is fuddlore.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just put the parts you want on your rifle.  Worrying about being prosecuted as a consumer for 922r is fuddlore.
View Quote

This.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top