BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/7/2020 1:31:54 PM EDT
Just picked this up! I've been looking for one of these for a few years and found this one NIB. I've been hesitant to buy an AK sight unseen which is why I've not bought one in the past but I took a chance and I'm very happy, the gun looks great! Now if I could just find a place to do my finger prints, I can file the Form 1 (I think I have a hook up).
Special thanks to Finslayer for answering all my questions!
Attachment Attached File

Here we go! 37 days from the day I recieved it, E-filed Form 1, sent to CW Gunwerks and back in my hands! I'm freaking stoked!
Attachment Attached File

Now I just need to find a triangle folder and some wood.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes!
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Great score, that probably wasn't cheap. I regret not getting the UR when they were still being imported.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great score, that probably wasn't cheap. I regret not getting the UR when they were still being imported.
View Quote

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would've been.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
You can do your prints at home.  Fingerprint cards from amazon or the ATF website.  Ink pad from amazon.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I've wanted one for years but always found something else to buy instead of pulling the trigger.

Hopefully I'll have one someday.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can do your prints at home.  Fingerprint cards from amazon or the ATF website.  Ink pad from amazon.
View Quote

Yep,  a buddy contacted me and offered to give me a few FD-256 cards and an ink pad, so I'll get the Form 1 submitted tonight or tomorrow. Probably gonna have CW Gunwerks do the work.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice!  This is one is on my list.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Bad ass!
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats that is sexy as hell ??
Now I can't wait till my SGL can come home
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
E-File Form 1  submitted today, and now I wait.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good luck.  I'm going on like 41 days for a form 1.  We were down to ~30 avg with some coming in 15 or even 2 days.  When I spoke to them a few weeks ago, my expected date was like 4/2.  I think the 'ronapacalypse and all the gun buying and nics checks may have had a negative impact on the NFA guys.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:53:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Congrats!  Do your own prints...they’re easy!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

@cms81586

Funny you say that, I friend had given me some print cards/ink and I can't help but to think I'm gonna smear a print or something and get delayed because I have to submit them over and over.

Ever had your prints denied?

BTW, I think we all would like to see more pics of that little badass.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 5:49:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Good luck.  I'm going on like 41 days for a form 1.  We were down to ~30 avg with some coming in 15 or even 2 days.  When I spoke to them a few weeks ago, my expected date was like 4/2.  I think the 'ronapacalypse and all the gun buying and nics checks may have had a negative impact on the NFA guys.
View Quote

Well, hopefully you'll get your stamp soon, and hopefully mine won't take too long. I've been wanting this gun for years so as long as I have it in my safe, I'm ok if I have to wait a few more weeks for the stamp. It'll take another few weeks to get it chopped/crowned and the restrictor removed.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#16]
URs are great guns. Congrats

Link Posted: 4/10/2020 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well, hopefully you'll get your stamp soon, and hopefully mine won't take too long. I've been wanting this gun for years so as long as I have it in my safe, I'm ok if I have to wait a few more weeks for the stamp. It'll take another few weeks to get it chopped/crowned and the restrictor removed.
View Quote

Shouldn’t be a gas port restrictor in the 104UR.  That was a 107 thing. The 104’s are super over gassed at 16” length.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 2:27:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a factory SBR version of it and love it.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Shouldn’t be a gas port restrictor in the 104UR.  That was a 107 thing. The 104’s are super over gassed at 16” length.
View Quote

There's a thread on The Files that says otherwise. In all fairness, the early model URs did not have restrictors but the later models did, several members did have to have the them removed and they had the same serial number prefix that I have.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Thanks and very nice!
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There's a thread on The Files that says otherwise. In all fairness, the early model URs did not have restrictors but the later models did, several members did have to have the them removed and they had the same serial number prefix that I have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The list isn’t accurate. My UR is a BC 54 prefix with no restrictor... used a mirror too...nothing in there. Cycles fine with 7N6 and Wolf. Not saying your doesn’t have one, but it may not either.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I fired about a 100 rounds yesterday to make sure it worked before sending it off the CW Gunwerks, this thing is super soft shooting which is a joy to shoot and also leads me to believe it does have the gas restrictor in it. Hopefully my stamp will be here soon and it'll be in the mail, several guys on reddit have posted 21-22 day wait times, I'm at 20 days now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I fired about a 100 rounds yesterday to make sure it worked before sending it off the CW Gunwerks, this thing is super soft shooting which is a joy to shoot and also leads me to believe it does have the gas restrictor in it. Hopefully my stamp will be here soon and it'll be in the mail, several guys on reddit have posted 21-22 day wait times, I'm at 20 days now.
View Quote

I was at 28-30 days IIRC last month when mine came in.

You should have it this week!
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

@cms81586

Funny you say that, I friend had given me some print cards/ink and I can't help but to think I'm gonna smear a print or something and get delayed because I have to submit them over and over. 

Ever had your prints denied?

BTW, I think we all would like to see more pics of that little badass. 
View Quote

You didn't ask me, but:

1) get a couple pieces of paper and practice first or you will smudge them. I have a hard time getting my ring fingers for some reason.

2) I've been rolling my own prints since about 2001 and have never had an issue.

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bullyforyou:

You didn't ask me, but:

1) get a couple pieces of paper and practice first or you will smudge them. I have a hard time getting my ring fingers for some reason.

2) I've been rolling my own prints since about 2001 and have never had an issue.

View Quote

Yep, I practiced on blank paper and still feel like I messed up some but confident that the ones I submitted were ok, I guess we'll see. They haven't said anything yet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#27]
For those wondering,

I got my Form 1 Approved today! Submitted on April 9th to today is maybe 25 days! Getting boxed up now and sending it off to CW Gunwerks!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Congrats!  Mine is one of my favorite rifles.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
That could be the record.
View Quote

There's a few people on Reddit that have gotten them in 21-22 days, that is freaking awesome! I'm very happy getting a stamp in 25 days!
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I fired about a 100 rounds yesterday to make sure it worked before sending it off the CW Gunwerks, this thing is super soft shooting which is a joy to shoot and also leads me to believe it does have the gas restrictor in it. Hopefully my stamp will be here soon and it'll be in the mail, several guys on reddit have posted 21-22 day wait times, I'm at 20 days now.
View Quote

I lucked out since mine was from the first batch that didn't have the restrictor, and I can tell you this was NOT my experience , recoil was sharp, and harsh for a 5.45 and had a bit more kick than a 7.62 lol, had horrible trigger slap with the OG arsenal TCG too because of the over gassed system. Only shot about 30rds through it because of that and while I waited to get it SBR'd, which i put in the back burner for too long.

Congrats, and welcome to the club.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

I lucked out since mine was from the first batch that didn't have the restrictor, and I can tell you this was NOT my experience , recoil was sharp, and harsh for a 5.45 and had a bit more kick than a 7.62 lol, had horrible trigger slap with the OG arsenal TCG too because of the over gassed system. Only shot about 30rds through it because of that and while I waited to get it SBR'd, which i put in the back burner for too long. 

Congrats, and welcome to the club. 

https://i.imgur.com/qMuv5FYl.jpg
View Quote

That thing is beautiful! I'm wanting to get a triangle folder and wood trim also, although I do like the poly, I'd like to be able to switch it up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#33]

That thing is beautiful! I'm wanting to get a triangle folder and wood trim also, although I do like the poly, I'd like to be able to switch it up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

I lucked out since mine was from the first batch that didn't have the restrictor, and I can tell you this was NOT my experience , recoil was sharp, and harsh for a 5.45 and had a bit more kick than a 7.62 lol, had horrible trigger slap with the OG arsenal TCG too because of the over gassed system. Only shot about 30rds through it because of that and while I waited to get it SBR'd, which i put in the back burner for too long. 

Congrats, and welcome to the club. 

https://i.imgur.com/qMuv5FYl.jpg

That thing is beautiful! I'm wanting to get a triangle folder and wood trim also, although I do like the poly, I'd like to be able to switch it up.

Quick to switch out is the best part.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That thing is beautiful! I'm wanting to get a triangle folder and wood trim also, although I do like the poly, I'd like to be able to switch it up.

Yep, these are great for that reason.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#35]
I can't find one of those to save my life.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
I can't find one of those to save my life.
View Quote

So funny.  I had a ton of these and was practically trying to give them away up until December to anyone that wanted one.  16” barrel versions and factory SBRs.  Now that they are all gone, except for the couple SBR ones I decided to just keep, everyone wants one and they are $1000 more.  For what it’s worth, the 5.56 ones are still available and cheap.  Not 5.45, but just saying.....
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By collegeboy:

So funny.  I had a ton of these and was practically trying to give them away up until December to anyone that wanted one.  16” barrel versions and factory SBRs.  Now that they are all gone, except for the couple SBR ones I decided to just keep, everyone wants one and they are $1000 more.  For what it’s worth, the 5.56 ones are still available and cheap.  Not 5.45, but just saying.....
View Quote

The guy I bought mine from had several he bought long ago and just sat on them, I do believe he has sold all that he had though as he's not listed anymore. I feel like I got a good deal compared to what they were going for currently.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#38]

The guy I bought mine from had several he bought long ago and just sat on them, I do believe he has sold all that he had though as he's not listed anymore. I feel like I got a good deal compared to what they were going for currently.
View Quote

104UR’s hovered around $1000-1200 for a couple years before they finally dried up. I’d been telling folks for a while to buy one if you want a factory AK-74 because they were the only option left after 104FR’s dried up. Wish I bought two UR’s and left one in the 16” config.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Did Arsenal stop making them?
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:
Did Arsenal stop making them?
View Quote

The best I can tell, sometime in 2015, not 100% sure though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I’ve been looking for one for months with no luck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By grantw12:
I’ve been looking for one for months with no luck.
View Quote

Not very hard man....because there’s several on GB right now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Update in the OP! 37 days start to finish.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By dryflash3:
Looks bad ass OP. 
View Quote

Thanks! I can't wait to hit the range this weekend!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Thanks! I can't wait to hit the range this weekend!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Atlantic sells New production triangle sidefolders for $130. They come with a trunnion and all the small parts. I bought one just for the stock and kept the rest. It required a little fitting but that was fine as I got it to the point it now locks up perfectly...and I’ve bought surplus triangle stocks in the past with wobble. Worth a look. As for the handguards...got mine from a seller in the EE for a great price. I went with a Bakelite pistol grip as the wood ones don’t look right (and aren’t correct).
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:35:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Awesome looking gun. I was so excited when I saw one listed on Armslist a few hours away for 1k with a few mags and stuff. I just couldn't believe the price. I finally went to email the guy and the listing was gone. But I had it in my history so I used that, and it was removed for being a scam lol.

Price too good to be true and all that. Hell at this point I would pay the ridiculous price these bring, but I haven't seen a legit one for sale for a while. Hell any 74's are nearly impossible to find.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#49]
looks great! I've had many a gun, and have sold many a gun, but my AKSU, I will never sell it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By nictra:
looks great! I've had many a gun, and have sold many a gun, but my AKSU, I will never sell it.
View Quote

Yep, this will stay with me forever, love this thing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top