Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2020 2:22:06 PM EDT
Took the AMD-65 out today to check the 50-yd zero at 100 (dot sight) and picked up a Hungarian 20-round mag that I hadn't used before. Got to the range and the mag was being difficult about locking in - the rear corners were hitting the mag guide pin across the back of the mag well. The shooting benches on the 100 yd range are concrete with smooth edges - I took the mag and swiped the rear corners on the concrete a few times - the mag slid right into place after that. Smooth concrete makes a pretty good 'stone' if you don't have one.
These US AK builds are not always just right and magazines have some variance too. Anyway the shoot went well - I just used two boxes of Golden Tiger. The main problem was it was cold and my eyes were watery so I couldn't really see the center of the target that well. I knew POI should be a little high and I wasn't concerned about that but I did want to fine-tune the windage. I think now I can pop a grapefruit at 100 with the dot sight - from the bags.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top