Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/30/2020 4:31:07 PM EDT
Infatuated with the Galil Ace 5.45 Pistol I bought. What Galil ACE is your favorite, and rifle or pistol? If you shoot suppressed, please include that in comments.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t have any of those in the poll, but will be picking up my 5.45 pistol and rifle on Monday. So I guess those are my favorites!
Will definitely be shooting suppressed on both.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t have any of those in the poll, but will be picking up my 5.45 pistol and rifle on Monday. So I guess those are my favorites!
Will definitely be shooting suppressed on both.
View Quote

Yeah same here dude! I have both the rifle and pistol 5.45. But figured few people
Do. Was curious if I ever got another Galil what the proffered next one is.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the 16" 7.62 NATO, the 16" 5.56 NATO, and the 8.3" 7.62x39mm.  The 8.3" I registered as an SBR.  

I really like all of them but the short 7.62x39 is my favorite so I voted for that.  I just got two OSS Suppressors out of jail so I'm looking forward seeing how the shorty suppresses.  

I have a 16" version of the 7.62x39mm on layaway and I'd also like to get the 8.3" 5.56.  

I saw the 5.45 version when it was released and I seriously considered getting the 8.3" version.  However, I don't have anything else in 5.45, so no ammunition or magazines.  Given the current political climate I decided not to get into a new cartridge/magazine at the moment.  If things settle down I'd definitely be interested in getting the 5.45, I'm a huge fan of the platform.

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have the 16" 7.62 NATO, the 16" 5.56 NATO, and the 8.3" 7.62x39mm.  The 8.3" I registered as an SBR.  

I really like all of them but the short 7.62x39 is my favorite so I voted for that.  I just got two OSS Suppressors out of jail so I'm looking forward seeing how the shorty suppresses.  

I have a 16" version of the 7.62x39mm on layaway and I'd also like to get the 8.3" 5.56.  

I saw the 5.45 version when it was released and I seriously considered getting the 8.3" version.  However, I don't have anything else in 5.45, so no ammunition or magazines.  Given the current political climate I decided not to get into a new cartridge/magazine at the moment.  If things settle down I'd definitely be interested in getting the 5.45, I'm a huge fan of the platform.

View Quote

Good info. Thanks! I hear you about mags and ammo. I liked the pistol so much I got the 5.45 rifle too. First 5.45 guns ever. I’m wondering if I should have spent the money on more pistol variants tho. I may end up selling the 5.45 rifle and buying the 7.62x39 shorty.  Cant decide if that’s a bad ideas yet tho. Can you let me know when you test it with the OSS?
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve got the 5.56 rifle and pistol.  

Definitely wouldn’t mind the 7.62x39 in either.

Also have an OSS 5.56 Ti suppressor waiting for the tax stamp.

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’ve got the 5.56 rifle and pistol.  

Definitely wouldn’t mind the 7.62x39 in either.

Also have an OSS 5.56 Ti suppressor waiting for the tax stamp.

View Quote

Nice! Think you can run that OSS Ti on the 5.45 variants? I confirmed same muzzle threads, so I don’t see why not. But I’m still
Learning. My only fear about these 5.45’s, is that 5.56 ammo will always be around. Sometimes I wonder if I should have ignored the 5.45 hype and just Stuck with the 5.56. I will say tho the 5.54 feels like a 22 long rifle. It’s really cool. Just hope If Biden is somehow elected he doesn’t ruin ammo imports somehow
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Poll fail!  20" 7.62x51 sniper system!
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Poll fail!  20" 7.62x51 sniper system!
View Quote

My bad
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the 16" 5.56 rifle. Looking back on it I should have gotten the 7.62x39 version.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]
---
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:53:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the 16’ and 8’ in 7.62x39.

I like the 8’ the best weight so very nice.

Note of any one wanting to shoot these suppressed.
I am using a DeadAir nomad.
16’ had no issues at at all. Was hearing safe.
However the 8’ would pick the round up so hard it would jam between the top of the barrel (completely miss breach) and the bottom of the carrier. The cartridge so badly dented I tossed the round in trash. I had to install an adjustable piston.(KNS Precision would recommend!!!)
Noise level is very close to being uncomfortable.
One more note, check your baffle clearance with a rod, I had to send on GAP back to IWI because it would not clear the final stack. IWI replaced whole unit without question.
GAP now has T1 but you get the idea GAP
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have the 16’ and 8’ in 7.62x39.

I like the 8’ the best weight so very nice.

Note of any one wanting to shoot these suppressed.
I am using a DeadAir nomad.
16’ had no issues at at all. Was hearing safe.
However the 8’ would pick the round up so hard it would jam between the top of the barrel (completely miss breach) and the bottom of the carrier. The cartridge so badly dented I tossed the round in trash. I had to install an adjustable piston.(KNS Precision would recommend!!!)
Noise level is very close to being uncomfortable.
One more note, check your baffle clearance with a rod, I had to send on GAP back to IWI because it would not clear the final stack. IWI replaced whole unit without question.
GAP now has T1 but you get the idea GAP
View Quote

Are you overall pretty happy with the x39 pistol suppressed then? Or would you have gone a different route in hindsight.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 11:30:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Are you overall pretty happy with the x39 pistol suppressed then? Or would you have gone a different route in hindsight.
View Quote

IMO hands down if you are suppressing an AK the ACE is the way to go.(Yes happy)
If you need the KNS adjustable piston it was very easy to install. Most modern/AR ergos you will find on an AK, concentric threading and most accurate AK platform I have seen. I did tinker with a WASR running a Wolverine suppressor. The ACE and Nomad put it to shame in: over all length, balance. sound, ergos and accuracy.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#14]
7.62x39 shorty for me. Been slacking on getting a surefire muzzle device so I can use my can on it. I do have the kns piston in there already though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
7.62x39 shorty for me. Been slacking on getting a surefire muzzle device so I can use my can on it. I do have the kns piston in there already though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/219864/C1C021A0-E344-4A78-8D81-5EFC096F2E5B_jpe-1671933.JPG
View Quote

Sweet. I ended up going with the 5.56 pistol. I decided i'll never have an AR in 5.56 with that short of a barrel and a folding stock. And I'm just going to feed it steel case as well. And save the brass for my slightly longer barreled ARs. I wish I could shoot the 7.62x39 side by side with the 5.56 pistol before deciding. But ultimately with this political climate and all the threats of executive orders banning import stuff, I feel safer at this point investing in 5.56 guns. It feels wrong because I know ballistics wise 7.62x39 makes more sense from a 8.3". But this will fill a cool backpack gun roll, and i'm sure the 5.56 still packs a punch. Might pick up the 7.62x39 pistol or rifle down the road if they are still around.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top