Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/22/2019 11:54:50 PM EDT
With shot show going on, why is it so hard to see that everyone on this board would buy an American made SVD Dragunov?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Mmmm...maybe. But only if it were completely faithful to the original. If it differed in any way, I would rather buy a PSL.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm working with a resurrected FEG in Hungary. They are sitting on some and are stupid interested in making it.

No promises...no nothing....

nada zip...just still talking with them and meeting with them in Felhova Hungary.

we will see.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:22:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
With shot show going on, why is it so hard to see that everyone on this board would buy an American made SVD Dragunov?
View Quote
With tooling costs and labor, I doubt anyone would buy them for what an American company would have to charge to make a profit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 6:02:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm working with a resurrected FEG in Hungary. They are sitting on some and are stupid interested in making it.

nada zip...just still talking with them and meeting with them in Felhova Hungary.

we will see.
View Quote
Be sure and impress upon them to keep it accurate. To people like me, even placement of the "book" is important. I'm very much interested in clones, especially clones built from real parts kits, whenever the real deal is unobtanium, but only if it's all correct. There's a lot of temptation to modernize and improve that type of thing it seems.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mmmm...maybe. But only if it were completely faithful to the original. If it differed in any way, I would rather buy a PSL.
View Quote
i would agree with an exception I would like to see them in 30-06 or 308 and maybe a 5.56 version.

i think a 12 ga slug version would also be cool for hunters that live in shotgun only areas for hunting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i would agree with an exception I would like to see them in 30-06 or 308 and maybe a 5.56 version.

i think a 12 ga slug version would also be cool for hunters that live in shotgun only areas for hunting.
View Quote
Get the rope.

Just joking, each to his own. But I would cry a little bit if an SVD got that kind of treatment.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 7:16:07 PM EDT
[#7]
when I made my vepr into a svd style I got the 7.62x54R but now I wish I got one in 30-06 or 308. it is so much easier and cheaper to find reloading supplies for them then i tis for the 54R.

the 12 ga would be cool from a hunters stand point. it may be the only way they could use a svd style rifle to take an animal. If they made one and it was allege l in  MD  I would get one just for deer hunting
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]
A US made one would be very cool, but I suppose cost would keep me out of it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 12:28:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I am finishing up a 22” 308 saiga built to look like a psl.  I had a draganov stock and the psl scope. 308 just seems more convenient than x54.  Tonight I threaded the barrel. I still have to order the psl hand gaurd from ironwood. Then it’s done. I want my son to take it for deer season this year.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

we will see.
View Quote
Jozsi, any movement on this?
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top