Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2019 2:25:42 AM EDT
Sent my Draco SBR off to Two Rivers for a side folder conversion. Also had them add an optic rail while it was there. I provided the Arsenal polymer side folder and trunnion. I added a KNS adjustable gas piston (have a Wolverine waiting in jail), ALG trigger, TWS Gen 3 top cover, TD grip, and right now it’s actually wearing a Manticore arms hand guard. Once it got back I hit it with rattle can Duracoat, and I am blown away by how good the finish is and how easy it was to apply.

Link Posted: 5/23/2019 2:58:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, that Duracoat looks great!
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
TRA does a damn good job...Tim built 3 sbrs for me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OAK667:
Nice, that Duracoat looks great!
View Quote
I'm stunned at how well it turned out. I've used aluma hyde as my "go to" cheap and easy refinish, but i think its Duracoat from now on. Not as cheap, but the finish is MUCH better and a lot easier to apply and cure.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By HDrider:
TRA does a damn good job...Tim built 3 sbrs for me.
View Quote
Yes he does. I have two projects waiting to send to him. A 69 Izzy build and a Galil SAR
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#5]
How long was the wait at Two Rivers?
Link Posted: 6/22/2019 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#6]
He installed a factory Yugo underfolder on my PAP M92, Zastava selector markings, engraving & finish along with a Mini Draco w/Romanian milled underfolder, selector markings, engraving and finish & took about 2 months.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By shennanigans:

Yes he does. I have two projects waiting to send to him. A 69 Izzy build and a Galil SAR
View Quote
Sorry for the delayed reply. It was about 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, how much did they charge you for the work?

I have a Draco that I haven't shot in nearly a year. Really thinking about filing a form 1 and do what you did to regain interest.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I did both, a Mini Draco & the M92
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 10:54:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By HDrider:
He installed a factory Yugo underfolder on my PAP M92, Zastava selector markings, engraving & finish along with a Mini Draco w/Romanian milled underfolder, selector markings, engraving and finish & took about 2 months.
View Quote
@HDrider

Got pics? Thinking of converting one of my m92 SBRs to an underfolder...
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#13]
IMG_2391 by HD Rider, on Flickr

Here's a picture
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#14]
IMG_2393 by HD Rider, on Flickr

Another with it folded
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 1:56:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#15]
Originally Posted By swampvol:
OP, how much did they charge you for the work?

I have a Draco that I haven't shot in nearly a year. Really thinking about filing a form 1 and do what you did to regain interest.
View Quote

Old thread I know. But you never know.
Two years for me since I fired my Draco. It sucks in pistol, braceless format. Would love to have that setup done to mine as well after a form 1 e-file. How much was the work, if its ok to ask?
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top