Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2022 1:53:48 PM EDT
AK gurus,
I want to convert my draco to a mini draco and have a question. Is the draco bolt carrier the same size/weight  as the mini draco bolt carrier? Obviously the mini piston in much shorter.

If the carriers are the same, anyone know where I can find a mini draco piston? Don’t really want to fork out $150 for a kns piston that has 10 settings.

Was quoted $300 to chop/thread, relocate the gas block.

Started looking around and found at jmac I could get a barrel and adjustable gas block for a little cheaper than that. I’d rather go that route and keep the orig barrel whole if it’s not much more $. Just having someone swap barrels, without the machine work, shouldn’t be much I wouldn’t think.

I’m going with an slr rail/gas tube combo so the carrier and piston is all i need to figure out to start the ball rollin.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
After searching one of the ak forums, it appears that the draco and mini do have the same carrier with different length pistons being the only difference.

Comparison
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top