Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2020 6:26:55 PM EDT
Zastava USA is importing M85 pistols and is selling magazines for $40 apiece. Do these magazines also fit the 85s that were imported by Century Arms up until a few years ago?

What confuses matters is that Zastava USA says in its ads that the new M85 will accept a number of different AK 5.56 magazines. If this is the case and if the mag well of the new M85s are unchanged should not the older M85s also accept AK 5.56 magazines from other manufactures. Or do these magazines fit because the mag well has been changed.

On a related matter I own some original Serb magazines and some Tapco M85 magazines, and both of these work well. I also have some Tapco Galil magazines that look almost identical to their M85s but are loose when inserted into the mag well. I have never shot my M85 with these Galil mags so the question is: do they work - especially does the last round load and fire or does it jam like what authentic Galil magazines are reported to do.

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I do not know for sure but my thoughts are :

It is just marketing by Zastava.

I would bet the old M85 and the new M85 mags are the same ,as are the specs on the guns.
Again this is just a guess on my part. The price on the mags sure has increased !
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the new Pap M85 I used the Tapco  just fine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:15:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes the current Zastava M85 mags will fit the Century Arms imports
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top