Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/8/2015 6:21:49 PM EDT
It looks like these are sold out just like more common models. Is there an AMD-65 available? I'd strongly prefer an original barrel.

Barring that, are there still kits anywhere?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Classic Firearms have kits.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/amd65partialbuildproject762x39
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Finding an old kit with original barrel will be like a needle in a haystack, but I think they are out there. Probably best to find a built one for sale, but the ones with original barrel are already high.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The older TGI built rifles are in the 600 dollar range. Its not as cheap as it used to be but I think its still a good value.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Centerfire systems had them with the original reciever just a month or so ago.  Shitty 16" barrel though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
There you go, $519.  A little pricier than the $379 each I got mine for right around Newtown.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw a NIB TGI on GB today for $1000 if that gives you a clue to what one with the original barrel, FEG receiver and wood grips is worth now. He had bids for $750 and the reserve was not met. $750! They were $450. But the ones with original barrels dried up and no more can be imported. Let's put it this way - mine is going nowhere!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw a NIB TGI on GB today for $1000 if that gives you a clue to what one with the original barrel, FEG receiver and wood grips is worth now. He had bids for $750 and the reserve was not met. $750! They were $450. But the ones with original barrels dried up and no more can be imported. Let's put it this way - mine is going nowhere!
View Quote

When these things were $379 at Centerfire around the panic of 2013, I bought 3 and told folks to grab while they could. I've owned a dozen and always sing their praises as an awesome AK variant. My friends didn't listen, now they're trying to buy my spares.

From what I hear, there's a shortage of the FEG receivers and OG short barrels.  Doubtful you'll see the Krink size ones again, ever.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes local shop
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#9]
who had them in the back?? local gun shop?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Centerfire systems had them with the original reciever just a month or so ago.  Shitty 16" barrel though.
View Quote

A small point, but the 'original receiver' was a machine gun and was destroyed before importation, same as any other military AK. The FEG receivers used were originally made for the SA2000M which was a semi-auto, single-stack rifle. They built the kits on those receivers then modified them for double-stack mags. But that is not to detract from the value of having a 'commercial' FEG receiver - they were made in the same factory out of the same material as the military AKs, are excellent quality and fully hardened.

Other receivers used on the AMD65 kits were USA-made, like the NODAK SPUD.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top