Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/4/2022 8:47:34 PM EDT
I've got an AK pistol that I'm going to form 1 into an SBR.  I need to have my trust info engraved onto the receiver.  What are some discrete locations I could have engraved?  My trust name is 18 characters including spaces?  I know on ARs some people have the inside of the trigger area engraved, any similar ideas for an AK?

If it helps, the receiver doesn't currently have any trunnions or trigger guard installed, so anything is game, nothing is in the way to block access to the engraver.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not too familiar with the options of engraving on an AK style rifle but you could email these guys.
I know first hand they do quick and good work.
The do engraving in the trigger guard area.
https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=232
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Bottom side of the receiver is popular for AKs.  Either up in front of the magwell (unless there are factory markings there) or along either side of the trigger area.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 12:36:07 AM EDT
[#3]
What’s the reason to be discreet ? I engrave anywhere as long as it looks professional.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What’s the reason to be discreet ? I engrave anywhere as long as it looks professional.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't want the engraving marks to detract from the looks of the gun.  I've seen billboard NFA engraving on the side of AR magwells and didn't care for it.  I've seen it done inside the trigger guard area on an AR, I liked that better.

Quoted:
Not too familiar with the options of engraving on an AK style rifle but you could email these guys.
I know first hand they do quick and good work.
The do engraving in the trigger guard area.
https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=232

Thanks.  I found some pictures of their work online earlier.  I'm going to ask a local engraver if he can do that area as well.  

Quoted:
Bottom side of the receiver is popular for AKs.  Either up in front of the magwell (unless there are factory markings there) or along either side of the trigger area.

Thanks.  In front of the magwell is my 2nd pick for an engraving location.  I'm hoping for something like this which I found out that TarheelStateFirearms did.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Along the receiver where the pistol grip butts against it.  The grip covers most of it depending on how long your trust name is.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:24:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Updating this thread, I was able to get the receiver engraved by a local FFL that does NFA engraving.  I was able to get it engraved in the location that the Tarheel's engraving picture shows.  Unfortunately, the engraver must not of been paying attention as it ended up being engraved twice...  The first engraving was between all the rivet holes for the magazine catch, which clearly wasn't going to work, so then they had to engrave it again in the correct location.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top