Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/29/2020 12:00:39 PM EDT
I'm currently looking at purchasing a model 47s made by DDI at a local shop. I've been scouring the internet trying to find out this is one of their early guns built on parts kits or if it is one of those guns built with all US parts. Serial number is A007XX. I was wondering if anybody here had information on serial number ranges. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Post a picture and we could probably tell you.

The Hungarian kits built on American receivers look like a traditional AK. The "All American" AK looks very different
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Weren't their US made AKs all with the combo gas blocks?  That may be a telltale sign.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#3]
So basically if it looks like my WASR and has a Knoxville Tennessee address on it..... it should be built on a Hungarian kit with a US receiver and a Green Mountain Barrel. Anything specifically I should be looking out for on these guns? The Internet seem to have a very positive view of the early guns made by DDI. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weren't their US made AKs all with the combo gas blocks?  That may be a telltale sign.
View Quote
Correct
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So basically if it looks like my WASR and has a Knoxville Tennessee address on it..... it should be built on a Hungarian kit with a US receiver and a Green Mountain Barrel. Anything specifically I should be looking out for on these guns? The Internet seem to have a very positive view of the early guns made by DDI. Thanks
View Quote
Yea that sounds about right. You do have a stamped gun right? I thought DDI also made a milled version as well.

Either way, from what I remember, the Hungarian kits builds were good guns. I have one and while I haven’t put a ton of rounds thru it, it seems to be put together well, has performed well and hasn’t given me any issues in my ~4 years of ownership
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yea that sounds about right. You do have a stamped gun right? I thought DDI also made a milled version as well.

Either way, from what I remember, the Hungarian kits builds were good guns. I have one and while I haven’t put a ton of rounds thru it, it seems to be put together well, has performed well and hasn’t given me any issues in my ~4 years of ownership
View Quote
They did, I have one. They were built on Bulgarian kits with the bakelite handguards. I think they were all underfolders as well. Mine has been a fantastic rifle, very good build quality.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top