Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2018 10:30:10 AM EDT
What's currently being imported and produced?

I currently own an Arsenal SGL-31 and wouldn't mind another 5.45 AK.

However I haven't looked at that market in a long while so I don't know what's currently available
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat. I divested from the AK world a few years ago sans a PMKMS underfolder I had built from a matching original kit/barrel.  I had 5 AK-74's and sold them all.  I'd like to pick up another SLR-104 or SGL-31 but not at $2k.  No AK is worth that....  So for now I'm waiting on KVAR to "find more in the warehouse" or start importing 104's again.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah the Arsenals right now.  I like it when people are convinced something "isn't worth it", well its just not to you...the market says it is.  In my opinion AR's are priced where they should have been all along too, sub $700..any more than that and its not worth it, I mean its all made here, on CNC machines with readily available materials.  They SHOULD be cheap.  AK's on the other hand are mostly hand built, overseas, with a skillset that is acquired over time.  ANYBODY over the age of 7 can assemble an AR, not so with an AK.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would start right here at a site sponsors site https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/

They post in this forum fairly often.
View Quote
I was going to say they had nothing in 5.45 in stock, but then I saw this:

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/aam-romanian-ak-74-aim-detail.html?Itemid=0

So they do have one.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Look for a SLR104 series on the secondary market. There's some bargains on these if you're patient and a little lucky.

Arsy still has these in stock...for now:
http://www.k-var.com/firearms#/isFilters=1&pageSize=12&viewMode=grid&orderBy=5&pageNumber=4
Go to page 4
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 8:21:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When they banned the surplus AK74 ammo it killed the AK74 rifle market. Most of the newbie shooters thought all AK 74 ammo was banned so they stopped asking for 74 rifles thus importers stopped bringing them in. Due to the multiple conflicts going on most of the AK74 rifles that would be de milled into parts kits are actually being sold as working rifles to other country's. The only 74 rifles that we currently have are the Romanian AIMS 74 series .

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/romanian%20ams74%20ak%20rifle%20(1%20of%201).jpg
View Quote
I had been wanting one of these for months and finally bought one. I like it very much and the fit and finish is excellent. Not a shill for Atlantic, just a satisfied customer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had been wanting one of these for months and finally bought one. I like it very much and the fit and finish is excellent. Not a shill for Atlantic, just a satisfied customer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When they banned the surplus AK74 ammo it killed the AK74 rifle market. Most of the newbie shooters thought all AK 74 ammo was banned so they stopped asking for 74 rifles thus importers stopped bringing them in. Due to the multiple conflicts going on most of the AK74 rifles that would be de milled into parts kits are actually being sold as working rifles to other country's. The only 74 rifles that we currently have are the Romanian AIMS 74 series .

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/romanian%20ams74%20ak%20rifle%20(1%20of%201).jpg
I missed out on the first batch but got one from the second.  It is a solid build.  Haven't shot mine yet, but it'll be a keeper I'm sure.

I am sad for the 5.45 market as they are my favorite AK variants.  I was buying 5.45 before the cool kids had their 7n6 tidal wave, so I'll always be a fan.  Hopefully the Romanians send their 5.45 RPK kits our way when they retire them service.  I would love an "AES-20B" RPK if Century decides to take a break from their RAS-47 abominations.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Here she is the obgilatory grainy cell phone pic:
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I missed out on the first batch but got one from the second.  It is a solid build.  Haven't shot mine yet, but it'll be a keeper I'm sure.
View Quote
I like the look of this more and more, but otherwise the 5.45 market is in a sorry state for sure.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Damn shame.  I really like the 74 100 series.  I really hope someonesomewhere decides to build the updated version of the ak74 that the Russians are playing with.  I really dig that hinged dustcover and the (nearly) full length top rail.  Want one so bad.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Rifle Dynamics?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Lee armory is making some nice builds at good prices as well.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top