Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/28/2020 3:14:45 PM EDT
Figured I'd roll the dice and put a few of these on order. Reading the reviews on these, it seems that a lot of folks have to do some filing to make them fit acceptably in mag wells. More recent reviews, however, seem to show very few complaints. Was it an issue of getting the manufacturing process in order, or are they still hit-or-miss?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Any fitment issues are solved with less than 30 seconds and a Dremel.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought 30 of them and a belt sander from Harbor Freight. A Dremel will work but the belt sander is faster and looks better. Some cold blue at the end and they look fine.

I could have stopped sanding when they had a snug fit but I kept going until the fit as loosely as my E.German mags (only other Com-Bloc mags) I havn't shot too much with them but they have been 100% so far.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to file the opening on the front lung on the ones I have to fit an SGL-21. Everything else was fine. I still have a couple I need to tweak a little, but they lock up tight and feed fine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a WASR-10 and none of my Croatian AK magazines fit. I had to used my Dremel tool sanding disc and do some minor sanding to make them fit. Once they all fit and used some Kylon spray paint to touch up the bare metal. I have used all of my Croatian magazines now numerous times and they all work flawlessly.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top