Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/22/2020 11:36:00 AM EDT
Trying to get more info on a china sks. First is w/ getting basic info. All individual parts stamped w/ serial numbers match in the 05000 range. The full serial on receiver starts w/ 3-16

I went to the Yooper link provided in pinned thread in this section, and I see by the sight base section of that site, its a mid production china sks 1966-1980 depending on factory.

Here is one of the areas I am stumped. I looked at the tables shown here:
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=11063.0

The triangle stamp is show on first table, bottom row, second from right (the only one, without any information shown below triangle symbol) is what I am trying to learn more about.

On that same page, (the 5th table down, 3rd example shown --> 11-1729582 C) is a similar stamp, w/ two differences. The sks I am trying to get info on does not have the "C" import mark, and the sides of the triangle stamp are not missing the sides, like the example drawn.

The second question is in regards to the rear sight base.
Should the "face" of the rear sight base (the notched portion where you line up shot w/ front sight post) be black with anodizing? This one is almost as "silver" as the bolt/charging handle. It kind of makes it tough to get a good sight picture.

Sorry for the wall of text, just trying to lay out what I am dealing with as detailed as possible. TIA
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have pics? It would help.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have pics? It would help.
View Quote

sorry no, photos not available at this time.

I detailed the manufacture stamp and serial number as best as I am able.
There are no other marks or numbers omitted from op.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top