Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/24/2018 11:18:10 PM EDT
Has anyone ever converted a NHM 91 into a heavy barreled AK? Just kicking it around as I has been scrounging parts together since I purchased a striped barreled receiver NHM 91. If so some photos please. Thanks.
God bless,
 Eagle45
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What comes to mind for doing this:

Romanian RPK stock from Apex (shorter length than real Chinese RPK stock, but those are hen's teeth)
Pistol grip of your choice
Handguards

The NHM-91 bipods are specific due to the barrel diameter, so the AK version Norinco sent over in droves won't fit (original bipod has screw knob adjustments for leg length, I'm still missing mine), but RPD bipods will fit with a thin brass spacer.

If you want the bayonet lug you'll have to swap the gas block.  Folks have posted on AKFiles that the Bulgarian one will fit with some modification, if memory serves.

Nearly any stock will need to have the square end that fits into the receiver thinned on all four sides due to the difference in the receiver thickness (1.0mm donor vs 1.5mm Chinese) making the wood too big for the hole.  The lips of wood handguards also need to be thinned, at least in my case they had to be.

The WASR furniture I found and put on mine with an RPD bipod:

Link Posted: 4/25/2018 5:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Well you sort of have the idea but not quite. From the gas block back you are correct but I am also talking about shortening the barrel and moving the sight block back as well. In other words it would become a heavy barreled AK47. It would be a Chinese version of a Russian MOLOT. Thanks.
God bless,
Eagle45
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got a NHM91 that I simply fit some crappy WASR furniture to

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 4:31:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve got a NHM91 that I simply fit some crappy WASR furniture to

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/105615/9F7283A7-1567-4422-A8F4-9CEB09909040_jpeg-820197.JPG
View Quote
Nice I fit some crappy polymer US stock set.

" />
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top