Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2018 8:54:30 PM EDT
I got one, seems to be a fairly standard Saiga copy, but with a thumbhole stock.

Right side

left side

back of receiver and dust cover

dust  cover off

inside the receiver

hammer up to see the trigger

bottom of the reciever

2-position gas plug

gas plug and piston removed

recoil spring and guide

Magazine

mag floorplate

follower and feed lips

(discussion follows?)
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
seems to be breaking my pic links, anyone have suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried putting a DPH Arms gas plug in it and its very tight, like, need a wrench to turn it tight... any suggestions on that?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:36:28 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah i have replacement mags and other compliance parts coming in. i'm a bit concerned about the tight fit in this replacement gas plug tho...
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 2:52:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Where was it built?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 3:52:51 AM EDT
[#6]
What is that weird cylinder on top of the return spring lug (the thing you push to take the top cover off)?  Interesting-looking creature you have there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is that weird cylinder on top of the return spring lug (the thing you push to take the top cover off)?  Interesting-looking creature you have there.
View Quote
Shotguns have those.  It is a little button you push while simultaneously pushing the recoil spring in.  It is there to retain the dust cover under recoil.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#8]
interesting. It has the trigger cut in the bottom of the receiver that the SAIGAs with the monte carlo stock use. I wonder why.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like good quality, what did it run you, and what's the magazine capacity?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Ran me $580 out the door including tax. Comes with 2 5 rd mags but takes standard Saiga mag including drums. The mags look almost identical to the Promag 5 rounders.

As for the tight fit of the replacement gas plug, I've been informed sometimes they are tight at first.

All the parts do look pretty good. The only places that look rough are ones where the surface isn't vital, like the tang. it seems pretty solid and I've had worse trriggers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]
And.. its not quite the same. I got one of the CSS triggers altered for a Saiga and while it fits and functions the hammer is trimmed and beveled on the right side in a different way, and the bolt cannot travel forward normally without it.

https://s26.postimg.org/e8jhbzyq1/takhammers.png

This is the TAK-47 with a CSS altered TAPCO G2 trigger group installed. Notice the right side of the hammer.

https://s26.postimg.org/e8jhc06ft/tak_hammer_bevel.png

This is the back of the hammer , as you can see it is not just trimmed but beveled.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Why is it built on a wum-1 receiver?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#13]
It says WUX-1 on the side. That's the manufacturer.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top