Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/8/2022 10:07:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bassackwards]
Did any of the 56s get sold with the markings lined out and restamped with a different importer?

I have seen several MAK 90s with this but never a 56s.

They obliterated everything and added KSI Pomona CA as the importer.

I don't want to pay a 56s price and find out that it is just a converted MAK

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you have a pic of the whole rifle?

I know there were a number of rifle that got stuck in customs or were on way when the rules changed and different things had to be done to them. I know some early Mak90's had threaded barrels and provisions for an underfolder , but no lug.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sajer:
Do you have a pic of the whole rifle?

I know there were a number of rifle that got stuck in customs or were on way when the rules changed and different things had to be done to them. I know some early Mak90's had threaded barrels and provisions for an underfolder , but no lug.
View Quote
Yes but there is nothing usable in the pic.  It has a spike bayonet but those can be swapped. Wood stock
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#4]
in San Diego just after the AWB was enacted in 1994, I had seen under folder Norinco AKs with thumb hole stocks on them. The under folder stock was collapsed, but a thumbhole stock was on the rifle. Very sad times.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 2:22:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Beautiful rifles.  56s caught in transition and ending up Mak 90's.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top