Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/5/2020 7:16:56 PM EDT
I managed to grab some 5 round Chinese mags because my state sucks and I'm limited..But anyways whats is everyone thoughts on using Chinese mags or experience??
Also how do they stack up again like Arsenal smooth 5 round mags??
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Solid mags with no issues. The commies do make the best AK parts.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 6-7 of them.  They are my favorite steel simply because they look good and the backs are smooth

No reliability/durability issues.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Used to buy the 30-round flatbacks from Aim for $10.  My favorites.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]
They work great and you can trim the followers down and make 10rd mags and they work fine.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the great info
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Used to buy the 30-round flatbacks from Aim for $10.  My favorites.
View Quote

Back in the days I got them for $8.00 a mag. For some reason the Chinese mags were not that desirable then. Seems like everyone want the Euro ones. I liked the  Chinese one the first time I tried them. They were more comfortable in the hands. Wished I could have bought more and not wasted money buying the Euro mags.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#8]
From an aesthetic point of view, I am not partial to Chinese "flat back" mags, but they are solid and reliable. The ones I had seemed to be better quality than Romanian OEMs and on par with the rest of the com-bloc makers.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of the best mags you can get. Be happy.
View Quote

My experience too. No failures that can think of.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 10:28:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Any sources for cheap plastic followers that work in these mags?  
I have a couple of 5-round mags I'd like to convert to 10 round.  But I don't want to hack the original metal followers.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top