Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2019 10:00:06 PM EDT
I've had my SBR 106u for around 10 years now (my first stamp) and I've had the urge to get it rechambered in 300 blackout and have the barrel threading changed to 1/2×28.

Does anyone know of an AK smith who would be willing to do this work?

I've sent emails to Inrange and Rifle Dynamics, both of which replied that they are Not doing any 300 conversions at this time. R.Dy. suggested emailing M13 Industries to see if they would do the work. I emailed them yesterday and am waiting on a reply.  
Does anyone else have an idea who might perform this type of work on my krink?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Get in touch with Vincent Buckles over at Mesa Kinetic Research. He has done work for me before and is a top notch guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigman46:
Get in touch with Vincent Buckles over at Mesa Kinetic Research. He has done work for me before and is a top notch guy to deal with.
View Quote
Thanks for the lead!
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure but check with BR762 on the AKFiles

He does a lot of custom work and maybe he can help. The two projects I've sent to him were excellent
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Just thinking about this and it seems to me that the real issue would be getting a decent undrilled .300BLK barrel and having it turned / profiled to fit the Krink.  Everything else (bolt / carrier / mag etc) would be the same.  So I would think if you can source the barrel the rest should fall into place with a good gunsmith and some patience.  That said, I am not sure who has barrels these days.  I like this round and the only concern I would have is I cant seem to find any .300Blk these days at any price, let alone a price for range use.

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top