Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2020 7:56:34 PM EDT
So, what is the consensus on Century’s milled receiver AK 63D? Saw one that is like new condition at a local show for $650. Other than the receiver, I read these are built with Hungarian parts. The rifle seemed tight and well put together. If it is still there tomorrow, I may have to give it a second look. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
No first hand experience, but have read many good things.   Check out Rob Ski’s video on it.   If it were me it would be field stripped on my desk getting cleaned and I’d have plans for the range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That’s what I figured. I already have an under folder so that part of it didn’t excite me, but the milled receiver did get my attention. The fact that it was a Century build gave me pause to research first. I am not AK poor, so if it is gone tomorrow, I won’t be too upset.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I went back and it was still there. He said $650 yesterday, but got him down to $630 otd. The folder is nice and tight. Mag locks up good. Very clean. Came with a green web sling. My first milled AK. Just hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice. Congrats Sir. Chrome lined?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it is chrome lined. It is from a Hungarian kit and all major parts have the original serial numbers. They don’t match, but read that is common for these.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:41:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought all the Century built AK63Ds were non-chrome lined US made barrels?

Not that it’d keep me from grabbing it, I missed out on the milled Ds but grabbed one of Century’s later stamped DSs and it’s an excellent build. I wish my chrome lined WASR shot as good. These are real sleepers.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:04:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Non-chrome. Looks like you are right. I read these were built from Hungarian kits, so just thought it was. From the muzzle, it doesn’t look like it is. Still a decent deal in my book.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice! Let us know how it shoots
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the 63D.  One of them is my "truck gun"

You should be pretty happy with it for quite some time
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Non-chrome. Looks like you are right. I read these were built from Hungarian kits, so just thought it was. From the muzzle, it doesn’t look like it is. Still a decent deal in my book.
View Quote
BATFE decided that parts kits had to have their barrels cut up...  

Talk about something that our President Trump could "fix" in one "Perfect Phone Call" ...
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#11]
You got a great deal. I paid $670 (new) for mine last year.

If you ask me which UF AK that I like... The answer is CIA AK-63D. It looks and shoots great. The down side is no chrome line barrel, but I am not going worry about it. I will never be able to shoot out an AK barrel during my life with the number of AKs that I have.

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I like it OP.  In for range report.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Took it tothe range today. Ironically, I had an AR giving me fits, so I only put a few rounds through this one just to check for function. It shot great with no issues. The first five shots were off hand from about 20 yards, again, just checking for function. I was quite surprised by the target.

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#14]
-Non lined US barrel
-hideous oval lightning cut

No thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice score OP!
Really good looking UF!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top