Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/20/2017 11:20:07 PM EDT
I have owned this for 5years and only shot it a couple times. I want to work the bugs out. As the top round tries to feed it gets halfway out of the mag and the carrier smashes the round. After reaserching some of these threads I think I see the problem.  The rear of the mag needs to lift up a bit more about  1/16 of an inch or less. The one mag is worse than the other. What is the fix for this? Its like the mag catch needs to be slightly longer.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Or cut the latch off the mag drop it down a bit and weld it back. If I pull back on the mag and look at the  mag latch there is almost an eighth inch gap. Thanks century.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you considered replacing the mag catch?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:38:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have thought about replacing mag catch.  Have to find one longer. Might be easier to just modify a supply of mags. I only have one galil so that would work.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll have to put a new mag catch in it which will most likely require trimming to snap over the tab. A good welder could build up the old one for you to file/grind into shape and fit properly. If you don't replace the mag catch you'll have to build up the underside of the locking tab on any mag you use, which is not feasible on polymer mags without steel tabs..
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » Troubleshooting
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top