Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/20/2021 11:36:18 PM EDT
I purchased a century arms Yugo receiver which I’ve heard are decent because century doesn’t actuually make them.  The seller thinks they are set up for a fixed stock I was wondering if this could be changed to an underfolder.  I have a Sam7 sidefolder as my main rifle so I wanted to try something new. And yes I know I overpaid a bit but here’s a link.  Also will the receiver only take an m70 parts kit or will it accept others I know different rifles only accept different kinds of furniture.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/893019804
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
That receiver is for an underfolder kit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice how can you tell
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The giant holes at the back for the underfolder mechanism.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Makes sense
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
This is an M70AB1/M70AB2T receiver which requires a specific M70 kit. The front trunnion is the lighter AKM style trunnion that does not have side swells. I believe the rear trunnion uses different rivets as well and is slightly wider to fit the 1mm receiver.

Don't know the current availability of these kits.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Century "branded" Yugo complete rifle/receiver and it is an under-folder. The receiver was stated to be made by Nodak-Spud and the complete build itself was finished by anyone but Century however; I don't remember who it was that assembled them now but used to know. But it's a nice milled receiver build and overall is nicer than even my late 80's manufactured Norinco is... and she's nice. I bought the Yugo/Century branded build from J&G Sales about 5-6 years ago. If we are speaking of the same receiver piece then it's a solid receiver.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top