Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/16/2016 8:59:41 AM EDT
Who makes the receiver for the Century M70AB, picking up one soon, looks great.  Any info appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Who makes the receiver for the Century M70AB, picking up one soon, looks great.  Any info appreciated, thanks.
View Quote

Which Century M70AB?

The M70ABM?

M70AB2?

M70B1?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]
M70AB2      Just curious who might have put it together or if it was inhouse.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
All the Century built AB2 (and AB2T) rifles that I've seen had NoDak Spud receiver's.

Not in-house. Everything I've read points to Century jobbing all those builds out to numerous vendors for assembly. Only the couple-hundred that Two Rivers Arms built will stand out and are identified by their blued-finish, not phosphate/parkerized like the rest.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 1:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All the Century built AB2 (and AB2T) rifles that I've seen had NoDak Spud receiver's.

Not in-house. Everything I've read points to Century jobbing all those builds out to numerous vendors for assembly. Only the couple-hundred that Two Rivers Arms built will stand out and are identified by their blued-finish, not phosphate/parkerized like the rest.
View Quote
Century also did a short run using Global receivers in the 2008-ish timeframe.  I have one (AB2).
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just looking at my receiver, the only other marking other than the Century info;  is a "1990 M70AB2" on the left side of the receiver.   Does that indicate who may have made the receiver.   Just nosey, like to know as much as I can.  Appreciate any info.

The Century information on the bottom of the receiver in from of the magazine well .
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was just looking at my receiver, the only other marking other than the Century info;  is a "1990 M70AB2" on the left side of the receiver.
View Quote
Left side of the receiver or the front trunnion?  Zastava would mark the left side of the front trunnion with the model, year of manufacture, and the serial number at the factory.

Century would normally scrub/remove this info from the trunnion during their build process, but some make it through with the info still intact.  The mass majority of the Century builds out there have this info removed.

Reference the pic below to see what I am talking about.

Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#7]
It's on the left side of the receiver.  It is m72ab2.  Just curious if it were a Childers or Nodak receiver,  just like to know the history of it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought an Century Branded M70AB a year ago. I was hesitant with all the Century talk here but the milled ABM's were said to be outsourced and really nice. So I decided to FO for it. I have to say its pretty dang nice in the fit n' finish department, FSB strait as an arrow, and very accurate at 100 yards for what it is. I wished I would have bought two of them. I'd like to know who actually manufactured/assembled it because it's nothing like the typical "Century" Shit I see and hear bad stuff about... From all indicators and expertise I've found here... Nodak Spud made my receiver. I like it more than the Norinco MAK90 I bought in 92' @ 16 year old for $266 I believe it was. It's a fine AKM... We still have her! I just like the "Century" contract M70AB better being it's a milled receiver, threaded muzzle, grenade sights, and made with surplus Yugo parts. Pic of her below, enjoy!

First range outing @ 25Meters and Wolf 123 grain pills! Not bad for irons and first range visit I must say... dialed her in by the 2nd mag with 10 rounds each, head shots after set and forget... She's pretty darn accurate out to 200 yards as well and I'm sure out to 300 yards but we don't have that much clear cut range at the farm... yet!
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#9]
My M70AB2 has a DCI receiver. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but when I get home from this African shithole, I'll be going to the range forthwith.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#10]
/Dupe
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 3:38:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My M70AB2 has a DCI receiver. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but when I get home from this African shithole, I'll be going to the range forthwith.
View Quote
Who is DCI? Thanks in advance doubleclaw!

DC Industries... Got ya!
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top