Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/7/2021 11:06:24 PM EDT
My rifle doesn't have a slide rail to mount a side scope mount. Any ideas on what product I will need to mount an optic on this gun? I want the optic over the receiver. Will the AK Mount work?
Thanks
Don
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:36:45 PM EDT
[#1]
TWS Dog Leg Rail

I did some digging around and it seems like the Master Mount doesn't work on the VSKA, but contact them to know for sure.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your response! Does the TWS Product hold zero?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for your response! Does the TWS Product hold zero?
View Quote

You'll find mixed reports on that. It seems it doesn't have a problem holding zero with lighter weight optics (e.g. red dots), but not so great with heavy ones (e.g. scopes).
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
@cavecat82

https://akmastermount.com/product/ak-master-mount-side-rail/

Ak Master Mount makes a side rail that is simple to add on and remove. I don't have one, but have one on order.

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
@cavecat82

https://akmastermount.com/product/ak-master-mount-side-rail/

Ak Master Mount makes a side rail that is simple to add on and remove. I don't have one, but have one on order.

View Quote

These are great, but I heard vska owners had issues. Century's fault not master mounts
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Just curious, how is Century’s fault that an after market AK part doesn’t fit one of their rifles?
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#7]
TWS rail will hold zero with MOS (Minute of Shooter), the REAL issue is the VSKA is HOT garbage...best bet would be to unload it and start over, WASR would be an excellent choice...
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just curious, how is Century’s fault that an after market AK part doesn’t fit one of their rifles?
View Quote

I assume because Master Mount designed their product to work with fairly standard military dimensions and Century does not.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I assume because Master Mount designed their product to work with fairly standard military dimensions and Century does not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ THIS.  Generally speaking, Century imports; yes, Century builds; nope.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top