Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2022 4:06:16 PM EDT
Aside from that question, I have another ridiculous question, is the WBP AK47 762SC JACK the "WBP JACK" people recommend or are there different versions of the Jack other than the mini?
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
WBP FOX AK47 Rifle is a semi auto 7.62x39 sporter AKM.

WBP Jack resulted from customers that loved the WBP Fox series, and wanted a model with a standard AKM rear stock trunnion.

The mini (version) is a milled AK pistol.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You can put any side folder that works with an AKM fixed stock rear trunnion.

You'll probably want one that folds to the right due to the optic rail...unless you get the "classic" model, which doesn't have one.  
If you want a traditional 4.5/5.5mm folder...you'll need to send it out for surgery.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Aside from that question, I have another ridiculous question, is the WBP AK47 762SC JACK the "WBP JACK" people recommend or are there different versions of the Jack other than the mini?
View Quote

There are 2 versions, one with a side rail and one without the rail.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a jack in my shoppe for side folder conversion. With a tig welder, mill, dremel, and coffee...anything is possible. That's all I'll say about that here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can put any side folder that works with an AKM fixed stock rear trunnion.

You'll probably want one that folds to the right due to the optic rail...unless you get the "classic" model, which doesn't have one.  
If you want a traditional 4.5/5.5mm folder...you'll need to send it out for surgery.
View Quote

I’m so new to the AK (I purposely stayed away so I didn’t get hooked on another platform that would cost me endless money) that I don’t even know what an AK”M” or 4.5/5.5mm folder is. Is the M70 the same as far as needing surgery? I assumed the stock on the “Jack” or most AK’s was fixed like a shotgun stock, through a bolt(s) in the back, doesn’t someone make an adapter that uses those bolts? Seems fairly simple, what am I missing?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I’m so new to the AK (I purposely stayed away so I didn’t get hooked on another platform that would cost me endless money) that I don’t even know what an AK”M” or 4.5/5.5mm folder is. Is the M70 the same as far as needing surgery? I assumed the stock on the “Jack” or most AK’s was fixed like a shotgun stock, through a bolt(s) in the back, doesn’t someone make an adapter that uses those bolts? Seems fairly simple, what am I missing?
View Quote

This is an AKM. The standard 7.62 AK after the USSR stopped making the milled receiver guns. The trunion at the rear of the receiver can't accept military side folding stocks like the one below.

This is a standard side folder, the 4.5/5.5mm refers to the pin size that the stock rotates on. An AKM or M70 would both need the holes for the latch cut on both sides of the receiver, a folder trunion, and another latch cut at the front of the receiver to hold the stock closed.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is an AKM. The standard 7.62 AK after the USSR stopped making the milled receiver guns. The trunion at the rear of the receiver can't accept military side folding stocks like the one below.
https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1942/45589404291_579d87594e_h.jpg

This is a standard side folder, the 4.5/5.5mm refers to the pin size that the stock rotates on. An AKM or M70 would both need the holes for the latch cut on both sides of the receiver, a folder trunion, and another latch cut at the front of the receiver to hold the stock closed.

https://i1.wp.com/www.tactical-life.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2015/01/arsenal-slr-ak-2015-receiver.jpg?resize=647%2C414&ssl=1
View Quote

Alright thanks for that, so M70 and WBP Jack are the same as far as a side folder so I’ll probably skip the folder. As far as my original question, is the WBP AK47 762SC JACK from Atlantic the WBP Jack I see recommended for years?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#8]
If you are going to own one AK make it something in the 100 series. Whether that be Arsenal, KUSA, or PSA is up to you. The factory side folders are just the absolute best an AK stock can be.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
is the WBP AK47 762SC JACK from Atlantic the WBP Jack I see recommended for years?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#10]
The 4.5 and 5.5 stock / pin / trunnions also differ in angle of stock to reciever. Mixing the two makes for very odd and unwieldy guns. 4.5 is more common, 5.5 is Russian clone bone correct. Everyone else uses 4.5mm.

The milled AK was a stopgap to figure out the forging, heat treating, and riveting on the new system in 1948/9. Once that was ironed out, milled went away as it is much more expensive and heavy.

AR guys looking to get into AKs and having the Lego mindset are in for a rude awakening, as nothing fits out of the box, and there's a dozen or more countries of origin that sometimes all use their own measurements. Hell, sometimes the same country part doesn't fit its own country's gun. We're talking drunk peasants making these parts half the time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 3:16:43 AM EDT
[#11]
0p, you can use the East German, Romanian or polish tantal wire folding stocks. They fit warsaw akm pattern rear fix stock trunions. Best part is the wire folders fold to the right side so it won't interfere if you have an optic mounted on the scope rail. See photo.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#12]
OP, you should be able to put a Magpul ZHUKOV-S Stock on the WBP Jack with out having to send it out for someone to replace the rear trunnion.

It’s not the correct side folding stock for the AK purest, but it’s an affordable decent option. And you get a side folding stock. I have one. It’s solid. You can have someone put the correct side folder stock put on later down the road as money permits. It doesn’t permanently change or modify the existing rear trunnion, so you can change it back to the original stock also.

Zhukov stock

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP, you should be able to put a Magpul ZHUKOV-S Stock on the WBP Jack with out having to send it out for someone to replace the rear trunnion.

It’s not the correct side folding stock for the AK purest, but it’s an affordable decent option. And you get a side folding stock. I have one. It’s solid. You can have someone put the correct side folder stock put on later down the road as money permits. It doesn’t permanently change or modify the existing rear trunnion, so you can change it back to the original stock also.

https://milspecretail.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/MAG585-BLK-2.jpg

https://milspecretail.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/MAG585_Hero.jpg

Zhukov stock

Hope this helps.

View Quote

Defiantly does, knowing there's an option ill probably get the Jack, ill run it how it comes for a little bit and if I feel the need ill get one of those.

I don't understand why they cant just do male to female connector to the trunnion and in reverse order to match the trunnion on the adapter, is it because how it wouldn't lock up? Or the furniture would hit?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I need to work up a stock that looks like the OEM polymer one, but works as a folder on standard trunnion guns, and maybe versions for picatinny and solid backplates too....I can't believe no one has done any of those yet.

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote
they had some abomination years back.

ETA: it was a triangle folder though.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nictra: I actually have one of them. It was made in Bulgaria... absolute abomination.

Sven: If you want to borrow the triangle folder version and copy the mechanism, PM me, I'll send one out to you.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nictra: I actually have one of them. It was made in Bulgaria... absolute abomination.

Sven: If you want to borrow the triangle folder version and copy the mechanism, PM me, I'll send one out to you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this what you have?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I need to work up a stock that looks like the OEM polymer one, but works as a folder on standard trunnion guns, and maybe versions for picatinny and solid backplates too....I can't believe no one has done any of those yet.

Sven
Manticore Arms

View Quote

We would really appreciate this! I kinda wish you had a 1913 sig type Chinese stock. I love your Chinese stock but don’t like the ACE hinge system.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:31:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#21]

I have exactly that! It’s a bit of a relic, from a more civilized age… an age where aesthetics didn’t matter (and neither did utility)!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top